• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Armour

Guest Darth Revan

Guest Darth Revan

Here are some WIP of my IK Bracers.

ImperialKnight009.jpg

ImperialKnight002.jpg

This the base for the left and right bracer. The upper parts are the only difference between the two and I will change them out inbetween each moulding.

Guest Darth Revan

Thanks for the compliments....

I was able to spend a little time on these....

Comments are welcomed :D

ImperialKnight011_small.jpg

ImperialKnight010_small.jpg

ImperialKnight012_small.jpg

ImperialKnight013_small.jpg

Look forward to my Revan's bracers, handguards, and mask soon.

Guest Darth Revan

Thanks all. These are turning out better than my Revan's bracers. I think the ridge lines are too prominent, but easily fixed. The Revan's have a ridge line down the center that is shaped like a roof peek. It has been harder for me to smooth it out. :roll:

Wendy has asked for pic of the body armor, but it is not ready for peer review. If you want an idea what it looks like, just take a look at Thomas's (a.k.a The Clone Emperor) WIP and imagine someone took a hammer and hit it about a 1000 times. :D

Guest Anonymous

Wow! What a DEAD topic (not just this thread)!!!

Anyone with some experience ever visit here anymore?

I am wondering if I can get some opinions on recommended armour colour. Currently my armour is a poppy red, but I think it should maybe a darker tint...maybe more blood coloured.

I'm not sure if I want to match with cover #6 artwork, or go with the more common interior artwork colour (and style).

I am wondering if I can get some opinions on recommended armour colour. Currently my armour is a poppy red, but I think it should maybe a darker tint...maybe more blood coloured.

I'm not sure if I want to match with cover #6 artwork, or go with the more common interior artwork colour (and style).

This is the color file that was recommended by Jan Duursema, the creator of the IK's look. This image, along with the detail sketches she drew for our IK costumers, can be found in our Imperial Knights reference gallery.

http://theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/t ... p?album=24

_.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

I plan on completing a set of armor eventually (it will be a waaaaaays out, other stuff to do first), but I'm curious about shaping it to fit. When doing female armor, how much shaping of the chest armor to fit individual body types is allowed? I know this isn't 501st approvable right now, but I still want to construct it to the same standards.

I plan on completing a set of armor eventually (it will be a waaaaaays out, other stuff to do first), but I'm curious about shaping it to fit. When doing female armor, how much shaping of the chest armor to fit individual body types is allowed? I know this isn't 501st approvable right now, but I still want to construct it to the same standards.

The female version of the armor has a different build than the male version, and is clearly designed to better suit the female anatomy. I think as long as you keep the various pieces of the costume in a reasonable proportion, it should be fine to make some adjustments to fit your body type. We have to keep in mind that we're transferring an artists's drawings into real-life forms, and sometimes adjustments are needed to allow for fit and doing silly things like moving and breathing!

579px-Imperial_Knight.JPG

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha
We have to keep in mind that we're transferring an artists's drawings into real-life forms, and sometimes adjustments are needed to allow for fit and doing silly things like moving and breathing!

You said it, just silly. :wink:

Here are some reference pictures. They're clearly shows that while the outfit is essencially the same, there slight differences between individual versions (while Sia Fel's and Sigel Dare's armors are just "bumped", some have even ... well, "lady armor cups" *g*).

UnnamedfemaleIK1.PNG250px-UnnamedfemaleIK2.PNG

In response to Commander George.

(members opinion, non-official)  I have had two styles of IK armor and have seen Thomas armor close up.  There should be no reason why EVA foam cannot be used.

You may have a challenge with the paint coating.  Perhaps a latex based paint will allow for flex. 

Depending on the thickness of the foam used, you could get a nice looking plate thickness going.

I have a lead on the armor, and the soft portions of the kit.  Armor done in steel and painted red. the armor runs about 900 but will last forever

let me know if anyone wants info