• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Female ABS Imperial Knight armor

tc9948

Hello Troops, I have decided to create vacuform molds for female IK armor for 5"0"- 5'6" tall women.

This armor is about 25% smaller than the male armor so it will fit a smaller frame.

here are a few pics of the molds, I am only finshed with about half of the molds and some of the others are almost finished. I will post updates here.

Kevin

TC9948

DSC01419.gif

DSC01423.gif

DSC01427.gif

DSC01426.gif

DSC01425.gif

May I ask what type of material are those blocks/sheets you are sculpting? Are they easy to carve and sand?

I have always used oil clay sculpts and hard shell molds for my hard parts.

Thanks.

~ Bill C.

Bill, I use MDF=medium density fiberboard=lowes $32 for 4'/8' sheet

it glues fast and carves/sculpts quickly with a grinder. I also use a beltsander, files a palm sander and bondo to smooth everthing out!!!!

Kevin

Guest Anonymous

awesome. i am still def. interested. keep me posted on when you are almost ready and when to send the deposit. christy

OK, I have finally finished making the molds fro the average size female armor. I did sell one set to Mizuno

Here on this board!!! The armor is just like the petite set except a little bigger to fit more Fem-Knights

LMK if you are interested and I will send Pics as I rushed the set out and forgot to take pics.

Kevin

Guest jmartinez77

Did that sheet of MDF allow you to make all the pieces for the suit? I was going to use clay for my molds but I may have to switch.