• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire - COMPLETE W/Photos!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Greetings all, first let me introduce myself. My name is Chris and I'm a 501st/RL member from Michigan. I have an approved ESB Vader and an approved Chewbacca and ROTJ Luke Skywalker (and am putting the finishing touches on an ESB Bespin Luke). My board name in both places (and therefore here) is Lumpy. That being said, off to the matter at hand.......

I had a fellow base member turn me on to the possibility of doing a Luke Dark Empire costume (since I have a Luke and a Vader costume and it mostly appears to be a combination of those parts.)

So I'm looking for some advice and/or reference photos for said costume. If anyone else can post some reference photos (I know it's in the Dark Empire 2 comic series and there is at least one action figure) and do a little dissecting of your opinions regarding the costume parts I would greatly appreciate it!!

I'm looking at pics and I'm getting different things. In some pics it looks like the top is the usual Vader leather, and then in other it appears that it is closer to Luke's ROTJ shirt and vest with the tabbards. The belt appears to be different than Vader, but the rest (from the waist down and the gloves) appears to be Vader parts with the exception of the high collar on the cape, but I could be wrong.

That's where I'm hoping the EU experts here can be helpful.

Here are the pics I found......

luke6.jpg

luke9.jpg

Any comments or opinons would be appreciated

Thanks in advance!!

Lumpy

Hi, Chris.

I was going to advise you to get a few comic books and study the art found in them, but I saw that you've already gotten a great deal on some comics, so I think you're on the right track!

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Pam.

I've got the Dark Horse comics coming in the mail. I'm also Facebook friends with Dave Dorman and I sent him a message asking for advice on part combinations, but haven't gotten a response yet.

This is my DragonCon goal so I've still got some time. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

After looking through the comics, I've decided to work towards the Dave Dorman inspired costume (the cover art). The costume inside is REALLY different. The Dorman covers appear to be Vader from the waist down with the Luke ROTJ saber, but I'm still trying to figure out the top half. The cape is obvious, but I can't see a real good look at the rest of the torso clothing. The 2 pics I am using for reference are in the first post.

I would appreciate any opinions, ideas, or anything of the sort.

Guest SuperAzza101

The vast magority of the costume is a homage to the vader suit. I looked into this awhile ago before I found out it wasnt 501st approvable and kinda killed it for me lol. Theres a figurine that was released last year that could give you some ideas for the top half. The belt, boots, gloves and undersuit are pretty much all vader from memory...

Guest Anonymous

Great pic!!

Thanks much!!!

I'm ready to move forward with this, but I'm wondering what kind of material people would suggest for making the cloak/cape??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

I have the lovely and talented Lady Sewforus working on the robe for this for me. The hope is to have it ready for Dragon Con (and then to pursuade The Clone Emperor to join me for some photo opportunities). :mrgreen:

Guest Anonymous

Got a chance to chat with Dave Dorman at a con this past weekend and just go over a few things on the shirt/cape combo. Sent the info to Lady SFU and off we go!!

Guest Anonymous

My shirt and cape if finally done and on the way!!!!!

dark_luke_3.jpg

dark_luke_1.jpg

dark_luke_2.jpg

I will post some pics when it arrives and I can put it all together. Yes, I will have this with me at CVI!!! :D

from what I can see it looks like you matched the art reasonably well. and I really like to see cover art like this brought to life

^_^ Katie