• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Starkiller Clone robes

Guest Sidd

Would the clone garments that Starkiller wears in the first level of TFU2 be acceptable as a costume?

117129_1.jpg

The second and fifth from the left

Or the Arena gear(the first on the left)

MORE Starkiller outfits? This man is worse than Padme! He's got to be the only guy in the galaxy with a full to the brim walk-in closet. (I'm tempted to start calling him Barbie.)

I don't know the story background or goodguy/badguy alignment for the costumes, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question. Is he a badguy at the time he wears them, or is that at a Rebellious point in his life? I'm a comics enthusiast, not a game player, so I'd need some info on that one!

Pam :-)

MORE Starkiller outfits? This man is worse than Padme! He's got to be the only guy in the galaxy with a full to the brim walk-in closet. (I'm tempted to start calling him Barbie.)

I don't know the story background or goodguy/badguy alignment for the costumes, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question. Is he a badguy at the time he wears them, or is that at a Rebellious point in his life? I'm a comics enthusiast, not a game player, so I'd need some info on that one!

To be perfectly honest Pam through out the beginning of the game where he is wearing the grey tunic I would say he is neither Rebel or Imperial. He just wants to get the hell off Kamino before he is terminated like the other failed clones. Though later in the game there are other Clones that "arent finished cooking" that you have to fight against during the final battle with Vader that are loyal to Vader.

As far as the "arena outfit" from the first part of the picture. I am pretty sure that was just designed for for trailer videos because he doesnt don that outfit on his own in the game its one of the "special features". In the point in the game that corresponds to the setting of the trailer that the costume is from, he is not aligned with the Rebels yet but he is certainly not shy about killing the Stormtroopers.

Personally I think in this game our friend Starkiller doesnt really care about being part of the Rebellion he just wants to kill Vader and run away with Juno

Ah, gotcha. I honestly don't know if that could be considered a RL or 501st costume, then. A neutral stance makes it hard to judge... though if he's set on breaking out his girl, it seems to me that he's RL material at that point. I think this is a decision that would have to be made by the LMO. Sorry I'm not much help!

Of course, as I always say... if you want to make a costume, then make it. Getting a costume approved by any particular group should be second to the enjoyment of the hobby. Make things because you want to!

Pam, I certainly agree with that.

I will just make the costume and let the chips fall where they may

I will post updates over here though since I am going to have red saber blades

thanks for asking the question on behalf of everyone interested in these - I'd love to hear Thomas's take on starkiller in TFU2 because I love that pilot coat (although I know he'd just say if you want to do it, do it, not because it's accepted or not), but I have to point out that that picture isn't acurate at all - just a brief glance at the first skin and I can tell you the shoulder is wrong, the belt is wrong, the vest is wrong, and the skirt is wrong - so please whatever you do don't use this as your guide to making any of these costumes - gather other references first.

Guest SuperAzza101

My understanding is that every costume except Dark Clone Starkiller will fall into rebel legion. I'm currently making the flightsuit, and will be applying for the local rebel base rather than 501st. Don't let that put you off though, make whatever costume you want and do it to the best of your ability :)

Unfortunately this project as completely stalled for me.

Between working lots of OT, being damn near broke, and embarking on a 2-3 month saber building project, my soul is pretty much spoken for for the rest of the year.