• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Tales of the Jedi: Ulic Qel-Droma

Guest Daritha

Guest Daritha

For a long time, I didn't made any costumes of my own - I often was talked into making other costumes, like my Imperial Knight or recently Doctor Who. Don't get me wrong, it was always a pleasure to make those costumes but they never felt like my personal costumes.

So, I'm delighted to finally have a new "own" project one more.

Throughout his life he was a Jedi Knight, lover, Sith Lord, exile, and in the end: an enlighted and redeemed Jedi Master. I discovered him when I read the Essential Chronology. Later, I purchased the comics in which he appeared and kind of fell in love with the displayed costume.

ulic_qel-droma.jpg

Ulic Qel-Droma

This is the attire he dons when he was a Sith Lord and, later, when he helped the Jedi to overpower Exar Kun and imprison his spirit in the temples of Yavin 4.

In the near future, I'm going to write down some standards for him, making research. Once I'm moved and settled I'm going to tackle the costume. I don't expect the project to start before 2011 and estimate it "finished" somewhere in 2012.

The formal criteria are fulfilled. There are three different sources depicting this costume: The "Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War" comics, "The Essential Chronology" and "Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force". I will post these source pictures soon. However, the comics will be my main source for the costume since they're portraying the costume the most and best.

So far: Would this costume be acceptable for the Legion?

After all, he is a Sith Lord when he wears it. But he is also a fallen Sith and a supporter of the Republic and the Jedi when he wears it. What does the jury think? *g*

Guest Anonymous

I totally love Ulic Qel-Droma and want to see this costume done regardless of it being 501st accepted. It is a beautiful thing that needs to be brought to life. Best of luck with it!

I've seen two really good Ulic costumes in the past, but never this particular one. I couldn't give a solid answer on whether or not this costume would be approved because I haven't seen all of the references... but if it does have the references, I *think* he could be an approved character. It would depend on the references, and the accuracy of the finished costume. Mara wears her black jumpsuit while working for both sides, so there is a precedent for a costume being both goodguy and bad.

I still get teary every time I read his final scene. Good character.

Approvable or not, have fun!

Pam :-)