• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

How Do You Make Lifecast Arms

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I saw the tutorial on how to make a life cast of the head and shoulders but I want to make a lifecast of my arms from bicep to fingers, do I basically use the same idea as the headcast layering bandages on one side then applying vaseline on the edge then covering the other side or how do I start doing this?

That's how we did mine, yup. Though we didn't do the fingers, just up to the knuckles. I don't think you'd have a lot of luck doing the plaster bandage method to capture fingers, just too small an area. For something like that you might want/need to go with a rubber brush on mold material with an external shell.

I saw the tutorial on how to make a life cast of the head and shoulders but I want to make a lifecast of my arms from bicep to fingers, do I basically use the same idea as the headcast layering bandages on one side then applying vaseline on the edge then covering the other side or how do I start doing this?

Guest Anonymous

OK so when you go to make the positive cast of your arms do you coat the inside with vaseline then plaster filled, but how do you keep it from getting into the seam?

If getting the fingers is important, then you might want to consider an alginate mold. Make it, let it set, pull out your arm, fill with gypsum. (Hydrastone is a great choice... strong and durable, and easy to pour.)

http://www.smooth-on.com/gallery.php?galleryid=273

Pam :-)