• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Arica

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey there everybody!!!

wow i haven't been here in the longest time!!! miss you all, but it's hard to keep up with so many forums during con season, and working on so many costumes! (star wars, and non star wars, for me AND for friends)

but i just wanted to share with you all really quickly pics of my Arica dress. i've been working on this dress for a while now. i actually wore it for exactly 5 minutes at CV and hated.

came back home and took everything a part and started again.

Now i'm a bit happier with it, and wore it again this past weekend at the Boston Super Megafest to hang around jabba's palace!!

I havent' yet taken pictures for approval. i was going to do it this weekend but... i forgot the headband! POODOO! =(

so it will have to wait a bit more, since i need some good soul to come take the pic for me! =P

but here it is:

[attachment=0]smf36.jpg[/attachment]

i have a better shot of it with Terry, wearing her Arica!!! I need to scan the image and then i'll post here again!

=)

Guest Anonymous

thank you Pam!

and i agree with you!!

it was after i wore it once i had the "feeling" for what i wanted to changed on it...

it was kind of annoying to take it a part and start all over again lol but i'm very happy i did!! :P

Guest Daritha

Your second run looks very good. Did you use a wig or is this your natural hair? Anyway its looking good for Arica. Same style, nearly same color.

*thumbs up* I'm eager to see the finished product (aka with headband). ^^

Guest Anonymous

hi Daritha! thank you!!!

no wig this time!!! =) just my hair!!!

i did curl it up a bit more so it would look a little shorter and with a bit more volume, as it does on the decipher card... but the curls came down! =S lol

Guest Anonymous

hey everyone!!! it's me again!!!!

with some more photos.

first of all here is the picture of me and Terry!!! Arica, and Arica!!!!

i love her version and soooo want to do it too!!! =)

[attachment=2]aricas1.jpg[/attachment]

( just in case you guys are curious... the picture Terry is holding was taken at CV by this really nice guy who goes to SMF every year! he was kind enough to frame a few of them because he knew he would meet up with some 501st members that were at CV... and he just gave them to us! he was also very very lucky where he was on the stairs cause his picture came out amazing!!!! he took lots of pictures and gave me an terry a bunch. this one he took saturday and gave it to me sunday!!! )

and here are the pics with the headband on.

we had to change the white background for a dark one cause the blue of the dress was coming out completely different in the pics! we tried everything... and even with the darker background is a bit different, but better.

[attachment=1]arica7.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]arica3.jpg[/attachment]

this is def a costume i will only wear at cons!!! i feel completely naked!!! hahahahahaha

oh, and by the way... on both times i wore it... (CV and SMF i was barefoot. i tried wearing some black little sandals but it was sooooooo slippery (because if the tights) ahahah after almost falling 3 times i took it off!!! no one seemed to notice tho cause no one complained! =S

Guest Daritha

The pictures are stunning! You and the costume are working so natural together, like you were made for each other. You breath Arica. And one is really aware how much fun it is for you to wear and live the costume. Kudos! :)