• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Starkiller Costume - Flight Suit

Guest SuperAzza101

Guest SuperAzza101

I no I said i wouldn't do a scratch build for my next costume, but this costume just looks to cool. Probably gonna take me forever to do, and I may never finish it due the complexity, but lets give it a shot.

79705498.jpg

52609952.jpg

88010918.jpg

35881792.jpg

20753808.jpg

The costume, like most Starkiller costumes, takes references from alot of other Star Wars costumes. For instance parts are similar to the rebel pilot, the thermal det looks like a clone variant. The hard armour, lightsabers, thermal det and boots will be easy enough to do, but i'm thinking i'm gonna need a tailor to help with everything else lol. Luckily I know 2 ;) theres a hell of a lot of zippers on this thing

The material does not appear to be leather to me, not from the dagobah shots. the cato neomodia screens on the other hand... too me it looks alot like a fighter pilot jumpsuit, with extra greeblies and zips. not sure what they make those out of but its not leather.

These are very early days, I don't even know if it will be 501st acceptable as the game has yet to be released. I have enough screens to begin to plan the costume though. Ideas and thoughts are always appreciatted.

Azza :)

Guest Daritha

I'm seduced to do this costume as well, but my template's full for now. Have a Doctor Who and Prince of Persia in the works and my Imperial Knight Antares Draco needs much more details ... oh, and of course, a job. -.-

However, if you're going to make this one, contact me. I'd like to collaborate on the project.

Guest SuperAzza101

Done Daritha. Starkillers stick together ;)

Tell me about real life! I've got a batsuit thats costing me ALOT to get done, plus the unfortunate realities of real life (i wish the 501st was my real job hehehe). This will be a slow process for now, I plan on playing through the game and unlocking this costume when it comes out to get all the details, so this won't be for awhile. I am in contact with two tailors right now, i'm going to hear back from them to see what they say. I will keep posted my thoughts and designs as we progress :)

Azza

Guest SuperAzza101

Just a quick question, does anyone have any decent images of this costume? I was just wondering if anyone knew how to get pics of the cgi model of this too, besides me just sending off a random email to lucasarts :) any help would be great.

Guest Anonymous

well, got the game today (don´t ask me how =D) and I will start with the in-game captures...luckily in few hours I will post images (and yes, i want to do this costume too, even when Im not finished yet with the Heavy Training Gear, the gloves keep delaying me, but I will finish em, and also gonna put some images of the past weekend with the 99% finished backpack)

Im considering do between this flight suit or the gladiator / as seen on cinematic trailer costume, but for the next year...

heh, I'm too busy trying to finish my jango fett right now (which will be my new primary costume). I agree thought that it is a really cool outfit. part of me just wants to make the jacket alone :P

I'll be watching any progress you make with great interest :D

Guest SuperAzza101

Mate, thank you very much, those shots are great. I've got the PS3 version so I have no idea how to screen cap. I'm currently collecting as many pictures as possible and then in the future give it to a seamstress I know, who will be able to help me no end :)

i love the jacket, loved it since the game came out. i'm the wrong body type for any starkiller, but if someone found a good base for that jacket i'd wear it.

Guest SuperAzza101

Hard Armour pics. Heres how im going about it. Cardboard mould first then i covered the whole thing in tape. This was followed by using plasticine over the top to further give it shape. I will then make a plaster mould of this, followed by a final fibreglass mould. A lot more involved than my previous armour lol but it should be worth it in the end. This is just the backpack, I still have the elbows, knees and shoulders after this.

60869318.jpg

12962883.jpg

25755414.jpg

26114779.jpg

Will post pics of the moulds when I get my camera back ;) early days, comments always welcome OR sit back and watch the show haha

Guest EmenyZero

From this Starkillers point of view, it almost looks like the large pockets under the waste, look very close to the pockets on a BIker Scouts cumber bun, IMO.

Guest Daritha

Taking shape, taking shape. I'm currently busy off-Saga but its good to see the Starkiller ist still here to present. ^^