• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Looking for feedback on Maris

Guest broodingventress

Guest broodingventress

Hello, I just completed a Maris Brood costume for Fan Expo 2010 in Toronto and would love some feedback on my costume. I realize that Maris is still not an accepted character but I am hoping that she will become one.

My costume is made of dark brown leather and I used this pic for reference as there are a few differing ones.

I tried to pay close attention to the leather wraps on the boots and the braided leather belt across the bust.

I have also contacted a member of Capitol City Garrison in Ottawa Ontario Katherine Gruben who took some other shots of me at the con, and those pics will follow

Guest Daritha

First thought: Great costume! Second thought, too. Third one: Argh, she's going for the ingame version? ... Hm, difficult.

Just read user Maris Brood's post from Aug 27 here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1251&start=0

According to it, Thomas will be using this as the only reference photo when approving the costume:

mb501reqdifinitive.jpg

However, I like your costume. Your stature is much alike that of Maris. The hair's good and the horns too. And I adore your bloody hands! They're looking great!

Just one curious question: This "bust band" that covers the breasts looks very tight (I suppose it must be, so nor wardrobe malfunction can happen). But doesn't it hurt after a while?

Guest broodingventress

Thanks for the compliments. To answer your question the top doesn't actually hurt, it was quite comfortable. And yes it was also to prevent any malfunctions and I actually ran with this on and it was fine.

So from looking at the other picture that you posted, it looks like I would not have to change much which makes me very happy. The braided belt looks redder and the other belt has a long tie and a what looks like a silver piece over top. She also still has the wrappings on the boots like I do.

I look forward to more comments. Yay for bad guys!

Guest Daritha

These are way better pictures than the previous ones. Everything looks fine. Just: be careful with the wig, your real hair peeks through.