• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lady Maladi

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey there!

I'm from Germany, me and Neinel joined this forum to present our Legacy costumes, which are still work in progress. We want to share the outcomes with you, hoping to get some feedbacks :) ! We try to achieve that the costumes get 501st suitable some day, if this is possible ;)!

Here are the pics of the nearly finished parts of my Darth Maladi cos:

The dress:

34754131277166913453100.th.jpg

The crown:

38715134926923215144100.th.jpg

A part of the hip-armor (the right one):

46181137587116282458100.th.jpg

References I used:

maladisgrtel.th.jpg

maladisgrtelclose.th.jpg

maladiskrone.th.jpg

Many greetings from Germany

Malincha

Guest Daritha

I'm following the progress of this particular costume project for a while now and its nothing new for me here. But it's quite nice to see every part so far together. This way, I'm even more excited to see the whole costume together when you're finished. :)

Guest Anonymous

Here are the pics of my first costume test. This result is only the first version of my Darth Maladi costume, we want to rework some things like the fastener of the belt on the hip armor, so it's still work in progress. What do you think about this first version?

Guest Anonymous

Your costume is very nicely done. Though I am not familiar with the character, from looking at the pics you posted, I would say you are very close if not dead on. Makes me wish I could be that creative.

Guest CAndyman

First let me say that this is a magnificent costume! Your attention to detail is wonderful and you seem to be very good fit for playing the character as well. This is a costume my Fiancée has considered doing to go with the costume I am working on so I would love to hear more about your process.

As for suggestions, the only tiny bit of help I can be at this point is to perhaps suggest some subtle dark paint in the recessed sections of the headpiece and side-thigh plates to add a bit of shading/shadowing. But otherwise this looks fantastic! :D

As for suggestions, the only tiny bit of help I can be at this point is to perhaps suggest some subtle dark paint in the recessed sections of the headpiece and side-thigh plates to add a bit of shading/shadowing. But otherwise this looks fantastic! :D

This would be my suggestion as well. A bit of airbrushed or dry-brushed shading would really make the designs stand out very well.

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else... these costumes are beautiful!

Pam :-)

All i would suggest is to wear your pony tail higher on the head, perhaps with an added ponytail extension...other than that i think its a fantastic costume

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all :)!

@Sakara: That's right, we're working on that "Hair-problem" right now, we have to place that ponytail extension higher, definitely (yeah- these are extensions already, but it works very well if people think that this is my own hair ;D). I wish it wouldn't be that difficult, but we'll find a solution, I'm confidently!

Thank you for the advice :)!

I'll make new pics in the beginning of octobre and post them here :)!

Guest Anonymous

Hi everybody .. I wanted new pictures show .. :)

The pictures were taken at the FACTS in Belgium 2010.

My hair is now sitting a little higher as previously..

Guest Anonymous

Hallo guys :)!

Neinel and me are back from Fedcon 2011 with new pictures of our Darth Maladi and Darth Nihl costume updates.

We're still following the aim to become members of the 501st. The pictures I show you are made by our garrison's photgrapher. We still need to select the pictures and we'll have internet access again not until next monday, so I give you two examples of what we changed:

Darth Maladi, what is new?:

- the belt is done new completely, it's closed in the back now, the belt ring is bigger and Maladi got a brand new hairslide.

- references and more pictures will come soon.

I would be pleased if you could tell me what you think about it.

Many greetings from Germany

Malincha

Guest Sakara

you all looked fantastic and well done for winning the group entry for the costume contest.

Guest CAndyman

This is a magnificent costume and you and Nienel together portray these characters with mastery!

I have two suggestions that could help make the details 'pop' slightly and both would be very simple. One is to attach the ring with four smaller, thinner straps instead of the two wider ones. And the other suggestion is to take some black paint or even black shoe-polish / scuff-remover to the inner-edges of the recessed sections in the helmet and matching skirting (the silver pieces) this would really give it some depth and make the parts look more aged and authentic. Simply brush or even wipe the paint or polish in with a brush or finger and let it set for a minute and wipe the excess out with a rag and repeat until you are happy with the look.

But as it is it is a thing of beauty and you play the character like a true Lady of the Sith.

Amazing work

I'm going to start making my costume Darth Maladi and I have some doubts.

In the requirements says it's a skirt and a shirt, do you wear a dress?

The headpiece is made of sintra pvc foam? could you give a brief explanation of how you did it? I wonder how you managed to keep it over your head?

finally, for the Silver Hip Wrap that material did you use?

Thanks and best regards