• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Balancesheet's Savage Opress WIP ***Approved - June 3, 2023***

balancesheet

People in my garrison (Diamond Garrison; Womp Rat Pack Squad) convinced me to make Savage Opress. I have an approved Darth Maul (Instagram @ozark_maul). A fellow garrison member will make his own Darth Maul  and I'll do Savage. We'll be the Sith brothers and I can help him with his Maul costume/makeup.

I have ordered makeup, started practicing the shapes, and have the materials to sculpt my horns. I'm meeting with a seamstress next month to work out the soft parts (particularly the leather vest). 

I'll update this thread whenever I have something worth sharing! Cheers!

Edited by balancesheet
Approved!
  • Like 2

Practicing with just water paint at the moment. Crème/alcohol makeup will come later once I get the colors corrected. Trying to work on shading around the mouth. This was 90% free-handed with the exception of some stencils I made for the forehead. 

QudR46l.jpg

kSxfbV6.jpg

• Like 2

I put in a commission with WoodChuck. He made me Savage's pike/blade/polearm. I'll eventually get his double-bladed saber, but I wanted something different since I use Maul's saber all the time as Maul. 

KDoFW6E.jpg

KA0lwGM.jpg

5EugWiZ.jpg

aemOLxk.jpg

0gtGht8.jpg

Other notes, I sanded down my horn bases to make them a bit sharper instead of so bulbous.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 2:36 AM, Naasad Tal said:

So YOU'RE one who got that beauty...saw the pics on his FB page and was wondering who lucky owner was. Totally jealous, Woodchuck does amazing work!

Yeah, he does amazing stuff. I've been scared to paint this thing but I must. Think I'm going to use alumaluster over a coat of glossy black for the blades like Mando's beskar.

Savage's pike is almost done. I just have to touch up a couple places and maybe weather it just a tad. Not gonna lie, it was a complete nightmare to paint since WoodChuck assembled it fully before shipping. Used Alumaluster for most of the head of the pike.

KhrZlpS.jpg

wIIQxeO.jpg

QHb8U9I.jpg

More updates. Shoulder armor completed (for the most part). Soft parts arrived. Need to make the three horizontal lines on the pectorals, but it's coming along! Just waiting on my boots to show up in a couple weeks. Hoping to debut this early June!

10MspaM.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:42 AM, barryhicks said:

WOW! You look fantastic! Your makeup looks great and I love your horns! Wish you lived closer! I'd be all about trooping with you! Great job!

I'm always down to coordinate for Cons and willing to travel :D

• Like 1

Approved on June 3, 2023 @ 8:40PM CST!

The only issue I had was that I forgot to wear my tabard all day. When I finally noticed I wasn't wearing it, and returned to my room to put it back on, I decided the nails were coming off (some popped off anyway). I definitely need to rethink the nail situation. Thankfully, my GML was understanding and forgiving about the whole situation.

Anyway, pics!

hYnmFVm.jpg

yfWbI9k.jpg

X0KbGcG.jpg

YUDOsAe.png

tWWGjwi.png

• balancesheet changed the title to Balancesheet's Savage Opress WIP ***Approved - June 3, 2023***