• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Dutch Sith Acolyte

BlackPixelCosplay

Hi there!

My name Is Jan and i am from the Netherlands.

I always wanted to be an bada** Stormtrooper.. But when i saw the sith

Acolyte i was sold. So last summer i bought myself a 3d printer bought the 3d files and started printing. Then i learned of the 501st. In the netherlands they have a Dutch Garrison devision. I hope to join them with my costume. I will start posting some pictures soon. Its nearly ready..

How does one get approved?

Who do i contact? Is there a Dutch person who i can contact?

Greeting,

Jan

Edited by BlackPixelCosplay

hey, you can check the dutch garrison page https://501st.nl/, they can help you with the joining, in here we can help you with the armor, my name is Ivan from Mexico if you need any help

Edited by DarthAkron94

4 minutes ago, DarthAkron94 said:

hey, you can check the dutch garrison page https://501st.nl/, they can help you with the joining, in here we can help you with the armor, my name is Ivan from Mexico if you need any help

Thanks! Is there a Pattern for the robe? I want to make it myself.

6 minutes ago, BlackPixelCosplay said:

Thanks! Is there a Pattern for the robe? I want to make it myself.

i havent seen any, you only need to follow the instructios from the crl and adjust it to you, just dont make the head big like the crl i had it like that and they didnt accept it so i have to cut it smaller.

• Like 1

i havent seen any, you only need to follow the instructios from the crl and adjust it to you, just dont make the head big like the crl i had it like that and they didnt accept it so i have to cut it smaller.
Oh, allright.. keep it small then.. or atleast smaller.. Thnx

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A525F met Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, BlackPixelCosplay said:

Oh, allright.. keep it small then.. or atleast smaller.. Thnx

well just need to adjust it to you head and mask or helmet so you can move freely, check this picture, i just have the mask but others have a full helmet it depends on what you have so adjust it to it

37833781_2056006977766157_5631076740693491712_n.jpg

• Like 1

well just need to adjust it to you head and mask or helmet so you can move freely, check this picture, i just have the mask but others have a full helmet it depends on what you have so adjust it to it
37833781_2056006977766157_5631076740693491712_n.jpg.bfd89d29ad1c7ed0745a2724a4869d92.jpg
Looks good! I have the full mask.

Hi Jan! I'm glad to see you are already starting to get some feedback.

There used to be a tutorial for creating a Jedi Robe, which my mom modified to create my robe. I believe she shortened the sleeves and altered the hood construction so that there was no visible seam.  The site that the tutorial was on looks like it has been archived, but there is a pdf that was saved. I'll attach that.

Jedi Sith Robe tutorial pattern.pdf

• Like 2

Hi Jan! I'm glad to see you are already starting to get some feedback.

There used to be a tutorial for creating a Jedi Robe, which my mom modified to create my robe. I believe she shortened the sleeves and altered the hood construction so that there was no visible seam.  The site that the tutorial was on looks like it has been archived, but there is a pdf that was saved. I'll attach that.
Jedi Sith Robe tutorial pattern.pdf
Yes, amazing community. Thanks again for the pdf file. Now i can (wife) begin sowing.

I am strugling with the belt that goes over the belly. First i thought eva foam could work, bit the crl states leather or nylon. So i think i gonna order some leather strip, with no holes in it and cut it to size. Are the strips on the belt neccesary? It does not say in the crl

Hi Jan, super excited that you'll join the Dutch Garrison with this hopefully! If you want to get in touch with local people already, let me know. There's actually another acolyte in the DG too! 
Buen traje!Recomiendo reforzar el pecho,estoy con el mío todavía en marcha y es una pieza que sufre.
Thank you, with what did you make it stronger?

Very Cool, thank You That woud be amazing,@Elodya