• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Variances to the current Imperial Knight CRL?

Hey TFE members!

I've had a few conversations regarding the Imperial Knight costume over the last couple months/years, and how difficult it is to source parts for pretty much anything.  Thomas and Jan worked together creating the character, and Thomas hand sculpted his armor which was the basis of the original CRL.  Since that time, the only source I'm aware of for vacuformed armor was KB Props, and that is the armor used in the current CRL.  I understand KB is having difficulties with production currently, so dunno if armor from there will be available in the foreseeable future.

Currently, there are a few different Imperial Knight armor sets available in 3D stl files.  However, when you review the images of these files there are quite a few variances to what is current in the CRL.  Now when you consider that this is a costume sourced from comic book reference images, artwork can vary from frame to frame in each comic.  Even in our own reference images on the forums, there are some variances from what we have in the CRL.  Being a GML, I rely very heavily on what in the CRL when making my approvals (or when I'm doing a build) as all should.  I'm looking to open some discussion in the detachment about if we should make some different versions for the IK CRL, to allow for some of these variances.  It would definitely open some options for more people to create this awesome costume, and still keep true to the references we have available to us.

So what say you?

Edited by Avatar190

On 1/5/2023 at 1:26 AM, Naasad Tal said:

I've been wanting to do an IK for YEARS...but as you said, Armor is hard to source, so I will be watching this thread closely and see what comes of it

I just made another thread on this topic.

Kevin has been doing better, I will get in touch with him and find out what’s going on. I know he has three sizes of the male armor and two or so sizes of the female version. My armor is KB Props and my daughters is the female version KB Props as well.