• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP Darth Traya

Nadja82

So, finally I started working on this project, althougt very slowely.

The wig is the only thing I have hope atm.

I have decieded to commission the robe/dress and if everything goes well I will have it i january/february.

I bought a large piece of nice leather and will begin working in the belt and headress soon.

Just need to find some nice boots also.

Now I have a question about the lightsaber; have found one that looks that it will go well with Darth Traya. Any opinions?

92DCE07A-A932-4BFA-BD5D-E3CBE071D79D.jpeg

That's Revan's saber hilt.. looks like the Sabers Pro one.. off topic, but IMO it was worth the $120 I paid for it.. much better than the $250 I spent at Ultra Sabers for their version..

back on topic, I'm not an approval person or anything, but I don't think that hilt works with Traya.. someone else might be able to correct me, but looking at the CRL (https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_traya) it looks a bit different..

I'm not an approval person either, but I do have an approved Darth Traya.   The lightsaber that I use is a Revan like saber as I was unable to find a saber hit that looks like the one in the CRL.  I switched out the pommel to be a more plain / flat style though so that it doesn't have the skinny neck like Revan's.

My first one came from Ultrasabers.  I then upgraded to a Vader's Vault. 

The lightsaber is 'optional' for approval at least.

• Like 1

Sorry for missing this thread 

I got my saber custom made several years ago, sadly the maker has closed since then. 

Since a saber is not needed for approval, you are good to go. If you want to use a saber, I would either by the one you link to and as Jennifer writes change some parts, or buy the parts and put one together yourself  ? 

It just needs to be similar to the one in the CRL - unless you want to use a saber for canon events, then it must look the same.

• Like 1

Thank for all your input about the saber, I think I will have to look in to it a little bit more.

Now to the outer robe/dress.

Since money is a little short I will try to make the costume my self instead of commission it.

Do you think I can use this dress pattern with a few alternations?5D8FED1B-0942-4249-8FCF-111D604F248E.thumb.jpeg.cd6cc676d42ea130548093fb9d1313e9.jpeg

Yes the A pattern would work just fine, just remember to have extra fabric at the shoulders for the pleates in the front - none in the back. 

And enough fabric in the back of the skirt to give it a gathered look from the waist and down. 

• Like 1

Finally I got to order the pattern, just have to buy some fabric and try to start on my costume.

Now, about the lightsaber again…

is the one in the picture a better option?

I think it is hard to see what kind of hilt it should be, cant find any good pictures…

Maybe someone can help me? 😊

799BDDB1-E4B8-4043-8858-80F20EF03A98.jpeg

No that one looks to much like Vaders - I wouldn´t use it.

This is the one from the CRL - you´ll need a plain silver colored one. 

The next picture is mine, that I got custom made for my Visas Marr, I used it on non-canon events when I still had my Traya.  

You´ll need something similar in style - metal/silver color, plain hilt. 

SL_traya_saber.jpg

10411180_346405878875846_1001145492939720077_n.jpg

Hi ya Nadja,

I used a pattern myself and heavily modified it.

I brought some very cheap fabric first and created a mock up, to test out the gathering on the shoulders.

The fabric that I used was a black suit type fabric, it gave it some weight so it flowed nicely and only needed to be ironed lightly.

I also placed hidden pockets. below is the start of the robe, I still needed to hem, arms and length.

52634494686_f9b161573a.jpg

Here is a close up of the folds

52634753819_30d4d58289.jpg

52634930940_4a4a45950b.jpg