• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

David's Revan Build

TI25674

Hey hey

Been lurking for a bit collecting information while I wait for parts. 

I'm starting down the Revan road, but have some questions and probably more in the future. 

The top one is, the mid section. What has everyone done for that that? I guess I am talking about the fabric (rubber, whatever) that joins the chest and ab armor. I cruised the forum but didn't find much. I was think about repurposing my FOTK gaskets. Should be enough material. 

What i have coming so far:

Armor - Walts updated kit. I belive he made the correction for the 501st 

Robes/ soft parts - Wicked Armor

Boots - square toe leather biker boots. I'll have to remove the straps and add the ones at the toes. 

Gloves - yet to aquire but seem easy enough 

Pants - generic black pants

Saber (single version) - revan version from TCSabers. Looks like it matches the CRL pretty good. 

I'll update this thread as I make progress. 

Look forward to seeing your kit come together! I opted for WA V2 for armor and cloth and should have it next week.

Gloves someone recommended for me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...in_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Trying to make my own boots and I'll post a link shortly, adding the strap myself and hoping it isn't too much of a stretch to get approved.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Finally an update! 

I got my boots and saber in. I will remove the straps on the boots and add the piece across the front, already have the leather on hand. Just waiting on my WA soft parts and Walts armor. I know his was listed and not approved, as I understand after talking with him he made the needed changes not too long ago. 

uaWOBO2.jpg

dX47VEi.jpg

Edited by TI25674

So I was going to sell off the kit parts I have but after some I out from Chainberer and a couple of others on the FB groups I'm feeling better about the build. It's  a Walts kit so I can't use the WA chest/back bridge like I wanted. I figured I would reach out to Rob since I am STILL waiting on the soft parts. But the bridge won't fit Walts armor. I got some decent tips on how to make ine so I'm getting the faux leather today. 

I have a concern as to whether or not the helmet will pass. It looks different from others that got approved. I know it has to be trimmed and the space between the fangs removed. It is also the type with the helmet top as well which I really prefer that

PYjD5t0.jpgHdEz7Wa.jpgc1yEUCR.jpgcEcIk2L.jpg

2 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Awaiting update to the forum as it looks like uploaded images are currently broken. If you can upload it to imgur and post the link here I can take a look.

This link should take you to the images on Imgur. I did hear back from our GML, he said the details are a little soft but thats vacu-formed (which I plan to replace after basic approval anyway), as long as its painted and weathered correctly he has no problem with it. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/DCmr5iO

Happy to say I talked to Rob over at Wicked Armor and he said my soft parts are done, he'll get them shipped out!

I made a little progress, I got everything trimmed up pretty well. I have a plan in place to make the armor bridge based on some feedback from a Facebook group. If not, I spoke with Geeky Pink and she can make it as well, but I want to attempt it on my own first.