• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Problem with boots

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My problem with boots, is my lack of. There is no place here I can drive to and get black boots. Does anyone have a place they recommend (online) for reasonably priced boots? I am checking Amazon and Google Shopping, but they are all running in the 200 and upwards price range.

Otherwise, I'm working on hard getting Visas done. With only 60 days left until Dragon*Con, I need to get it finish and submitted for approval. MY first costume for the 501st. It will be nice to see the hard work I've put in go to my acceptance this year!! I should have in-progress pictures soon.

And thanks in advance for the help.

My Visas boots are a pair that I got for around $30 on ebay. I used their selection settings on the left side of the window to look for black boots in my size with low heels... and found a brand new pair of boots that had a buy-it-now option. Another good place to look is Zappos.com or Endless.com; they both tend to have a variety of boots in stock, and I believe they both have free shipping as well.

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

thank you! I'll give eBay and Zappos and the other site a try too. I am not sure why I didn't think of eBay in the first place.

Guest Anonymous

my boots are a 'cowboy' style but without embellishment. heel is maybe 5cm (2inch). You can't see the tops of the boots for the dress anyway :-)

Guest Anonymous

oh! Good point! I found a pair of "slouchy" boots that have about a 1.5" heel and look to be the right style - minus the top. So, if the top doesn't really get noticed (and I didn't even take that into account) I could get those! YAY!

Thanks!

Boots....Check!

Guest Aysel

I found mine on clearance at Factory Brand Shoes, it was a toss up between $40 clearance boots or the the $120 (just on sale) boots, honestly the $40 boots were more comfy, just keep looking you'll find them eventually