• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

TanRu's (formerly TeaJay's) KOTOR Nihilus

TanRu

Looking good. Outside of getting the skirt and cape hemmed up, if you can bring the outer tunic up a little closer towards your collar bone/neck, the cape may sit higher on your shoulders reducing some of the droop... but it may slip down depending on chest padding, general fit, etc. as you move... not a game breaker but may augment the look of the shoulders of the cape.

Looking forward to the progress photos!

7 hours ago, TanRu said:

Thanks for the tip! This is before I put the shoulder pads in. I think it looks much better that way and that's how we measured the cape.

Good stuff! Things will come together quickly and before you know it you'll be submitting for approval!

32 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

Looking great! Just make sure to keep the padding under control on the front.

Yeah I will fiddle with it so the shirt can hang over it more loosely as required.

So my question is (this may also help @TanRu) how can I get this costume approved with the legion? As I can't choose KOTOR Nihilus in the character selection menu, only COTF is available. What's the process? As I might be able to apply to the slovakian outpost as I live right next to them as the nearest Slovakian city is like 35-40 mins away from me (with car)

Was looking for a GML message about the approval and came back to find the first message never sent and saved as a draft!

So, take 2. 
You need to apply to the unit and have the GML post it under the TFE forums in the proper thread. We will look it over and then if it is good to go, we give it the all clear and the GML will add it to your profile.

5 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

Was looking for a GML message about the approval and came back to find the first message never sent and saved as a draft!

So, take 2. 
You need to apply to the unit and have the GML post it under the TFE forums in the proper thread. We will look it over and then if it is good to go, we give it the all clear and the GML will add it to your profile.

Got it, thanks. Things got a little crazy at the end of the year but I should be ready for photos. Alterations are done and I cut the padding back.

• Like 1

OK well it's been a year but I'm back!

I made the changes discussed above:

- hemmed skirt for my height

- hemmed cape for my height

- adjusted padding for my height

I've got a set of photos I'm hoping to use for my submission, @DarthValkyria would you mind looking them over? Thanks for any advice!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Sce1oC2sQNQnsbn6

OK, thanks for the quick reply @DarthValkyria! I actually thought the sharp edge was desired. That's an easy fix.

Is it OK to submit with these photos and then make that fix, or is that a blocker to approval? Thanks again.

Nah, it's more just an aesthetic recommendation. The foam is there to create the puffy-yet-flat chest appearance as seen in the game, but the rough edge gives a line across when you move.

2179151-__________________.jpg