• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Inquisitor (Tales of the Jedi)

On 1/14/2023 at 5:12 PM, CrazyMarlin said:

Ok, full suit up day! Still have lots of finishing touches and I'm just using a pair of underarmor running gloves until I finish the gloves, but this is all the pieces. Double cloaks, bracers, belts, etc. Also did a walking test outside and the double cloaks look awesome when walking.

Link to other pics.

20230114_155821.thumb.jpg.fd15043005897f56b0613970769b9364.jpg

That looks fantastic. I'm turning this thread over to you. You're able to work on this. I am completely unable to get the assistance I need for this costume, vendors are completely uninterested or ghosting me. So I wish you the best of luck.

Was able to debut the kit at a convention this past weekend.  Overall response was overwhelmingly positive!  Also identified several fixes that will need to happen before the next outing.

3FiF9Tt.jpeg

• Like 1

Fantastic work! I've just started cosplaying and landed on the Unknown INquisitor as well. You're work is inspiring and really helping me figure out some things. I wanted to ask where you got the belt, gloves, and under clothing. I got the Tie Fighter jumpsuit as a starting base, but what you're building here is looking amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. It's inspiring!

On 4/21/2023 at 10:22 AM, Voden1980 said:

Fantastic work! I've just started cosplaying and landed on the Unknown INquisitor as well. You're work is inspiring and really helping me figure out some things. I wanted to ask where you got the belt, gloves, and under clothing. I got the Tie Fighter jumpsuit as a starting base, but what you're building here is looking amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. It's inspiring!

Thanks!  I had to scratch make nearly everything myself, including the belts and under clothing.  The gloves are simple butler style gloves that I made bone templates for and then hand painted with fabric paint.  At some point I'm going to pattern and sew some new gloves with fingertip extensions to better match the character, but making gloves is harder than I anticipated.

I'm happy to walk though or show detailed photos of the tunic or any other pieces if it helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthValkyria said:

How is this coming along for submission stuff?

So, I just started writing out a potential CRL today.  My understanding is that the 501st won't be making this a regular CRL but could make it a Legion Level Approval costume.  I have been in contact at the Legion level and was instructed to provide a serviceable CRL first.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what you mean by regular vs Legion level CRL. All CRLs are the same, it just depends on if it is a New to the Legion or not. Given that it would be, you'll be working directly with the Detachment to make the CRL, but only after we've approved it at Detachment level and LMOs approve it at their level.

So, step one would be to contact me directly so we can start organizing it all for the process.

34 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

I'm not sure what you mean by regular vs Legion level CRL. All CRLs are the same, it just depends on if it is a New to the Legion or not. Given that it would be, you'll be working directly with the Detachment to make the CRL, but only after we've approved it at Detachment level and LMOs approve it at their level.

So, step one would be to contact me directly so we can start organizing it all for the process.

Sorry if that came across incorrectly, I was at work and gave a too short answer.  When it was announced that it could be an RLA costume I reached out for clarification from the LMO as i was not familiar with the process and was informed that a CRL had to be written. So since no one else was doing anything with it I started one and was going to present to the detachment.  I'm certainly happy to step aside from it.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:24 PM, Voden1980 said:

That would be amazing! I've got the material you used on the cloak coming and would like to see how you did the belt. I got a belt but don't feel it fits the setup

DM me and I can send you some pics, its a pretty simple rig with leather strapping I purchased and a pretty basic belt buckle.

Just as way of an update, I'm working on uploading the reference pictures and will be taking submission photos of the costume soon.  I want to make a couple of adjustments for accuracy as well as add a couple of pieces to the gauntlets(elbow guards), also for accuracy, before taking the pictures.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just joined the detachment for this build.  Thank you to everyone that has done work so far with this costume.  I hope I can learn from all of you.  Braden, that suit up looks fantastic!  If it is okay, I may PM you with the hopes of learning from you anything that you are willing to share. 

Excited to start this journey!

22 hours ago, Phaeton said:

Hi,

Just joined the detachment for this build.  Thank you to everyone that has done work so far with this costume.  I hope I can learn from all of you.  Braden, that suit up looks fantastic!  If it is okay, I may PM you with the hopes of learning from you anything that you are willing to share. 

Excited to start this journey!

Thanks!  I'm pleased with how it came out for a complete scratch build.  At this time I'm not going any further with it.  Based on the feedback, it's going to take a lot of changes to get it to where it could be considered for the 501st.  I may revisit it later but for now I'm just going to keep using it as a fun costume at cons when I'm not trooping.  It gets tons of great response.  That being said, feel free to reach out with any questions and I'm happy to help out.

7 hours ago, itsRazor said:

Hi people from this forum, I'm trying to put this costume together and I was curious who is also working on it. Maybe together we can make a CRL with the help of DarthValkyria

Hi Maikel,

I am looking to start this build.  So far I have been doing research, talking with other 501st members, and organizing potential resources.  I plan to start a WIP so that I can share all aspects of my process.  I have reached out to DarthValkyria to make sure I understand the process of submitting for a new CRL.  The beginning of the school year (in the US) is a super busy time for me (I am an educator), so I have not started the WIP thread yet.  But I will!!!! Promise! Any and all help will be appreciated. 

Excited to hear others are interested in this build too!

Hey people, LucasFilm and Disney just announced a new show coming named "Tales of the Empire"! And the unknown inquisitor is also in it! Hopefully this will help everybody to make the costume perfectScreenshot_20240404_223653_Instagram.thumb.jpg.83b0ef08e0d19f66f68395a6d7e5aa6e.jpg

• Like 2

Hey all! I’ve started on this build by printing the mask, now onto the costume and I have a question / request for opinions on colour. The jumpsuit under the cape has so far been done in black on here, however the concept art and some shots in ToTJ almost make it look as if it’s a dark grey? I interpreted it as grey when contrasted with the boots (before joining the group and seeing other builds) so I was wondering if this fabric might be any good? 

Also if anyone has STL files for the forearm gauntlets or belt boxes, or can point me in the right direction, I’d be forever grateful!

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg