• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Inquisitor (Tales of the Jedi)

34 minutes ago, CrazyMarlin said:

So, I printed the same mask.  I've got a plan for the LED eyes.  What about visibility?  Those eye holes are small as it is and depending on how one does the LEDs, visibility could drop to 0.  My current thought is to actually cut out the layer that contains the eyes and back it with black sheer fabric(similar to Kylo Ren), take a bit of black Sintra behind the fabric to attach my LED eyes to through the fabric and then see around the LED eye essentially.  

Other option was using something like these costume glasses and trying to just see through the LED.  https://www.amazon.com/NORK-Glasses-Eyeglasses-Halloween-Accessories/dp/B0BBVLXZF7/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1SLPHAEZWI2P6&keywords=led+cosplay+eyes&qid=1668696866&sprefix=led+cosplay+eye%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-15

My plan was to back the LEDs with black tape, tape them in from the sides, place mesh over the holes and see how that worked for me.

I’m going to call this mask done for now. I thought I’d filled the print lines in pretty well but weathering revealed them a bit in some areas. But I’m happy with what I did, looks spooky.

IMG_7935.jpg

I’ve got an led kit coming from Etsy, so that should be here soon!

Edit: the more I look, the more the visible print lines drive me insane. I’m gonna try lightly sanding the paint down to see if I can get rid of them.

Edit edit: started over. Took the paint off and am trying a new filler/paint combo I came up with.

Edited by TheLoneInquisitor
  • Like 1

Did a test fit with the mask and a cloak. I turned a hard hat backwards and have the mask attached to it so it gives a bit of room between the mask and my face. Wearing a balaclava underneath for the test. But for a 5 min test, I'm really happy with it. And visibility through the eye suits I cut is not as bad as I expected.

20221127_124858.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, CrazyMarlin said:

Did a test fit with the mask and a cloak. I turned a hard hat backwards and have the mask attached to it so it gives a bit of room between the mask and my face. Wearing a balaclava underneath for the test. But for a 5 min test, I'm really happy with it. And visibility through the eye suits I cut is not as bad as I expected.

20221127_124858.jpg

That looks amazing! I just got my led kit in a few days ago and installed them. They're bright so I'll have to dim them a bit.

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

I don't have a cloak I can use to I used my hoodie and Vader cape. 😅

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, TheLoneInquisitor said:

Hey all, I started researching the costume when I saw the character in the trailer, so I'm eagerly waiting for the show to drop so I can get more details about the new Inquisitor.

The new Inquisitor looks awesome.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX6iYIKZbBUOhAIFZLBaY

Things I've noticed so far from repeated viewings of the trailer:

-cloak has a tattered appearance and is knee length

-typical jackboots

-belt is untextured with only a flat buckle, no disc detail

-belt has boxes with lights on it, need better reference

-gloves have bird-like talon

-cloak has imperial cog on both shoulders

-hood is double folded

-padded thighs

e76ea4b86ab05f7fb2c516726ee8b10184fa1b45

So stay tuned as I keep up my research and post new details, etc. Currently trying to find a vendor who will help with the cloak and hood.

Awesome research!  Thanks for sharing.

Any suggestions for vendors to make the cloak?

On 12/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, DarthValkyria said:

The email from LMOs seems to Denis that there isn't enough to validate approval.

Did they specify what they want to see? I'm willing to scrape and scrutinize every possible reference for this costume.

There is less screen time and visual reference for Dark Rey and she has a CRL...heck I just approved one a week ago.

Thats pretty disappointing, considering this is a character with actual speaking lines and everything!

On 12/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, TheLoneInquisitor said:

That looks amazing! I just got my led kit in a few days ago and installed them. They're bright so I'll have to dim them a bit.

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

I don't have a cloak I can use to I used my hoodie and Vader cape. 😅

The eyes look sharp!

• Like 1

Okay, so I am going to preface this that this is way to early to be suiting up. It started as just a test fit of the top, which I'm glad I did before finishing it up as the side/kama pieces are way to high. But once I started a figured I would try the other pieces on. Belt, pouches, pants, boots, even an unfinished bracer. I am simultaneously excited and disappointed.  Will have to rework the top and it will look better overall once I get the undercape done. But anyway, here's a suited up progress pic...IMG_20221217_141547_597.thumb.jpg.89f64ce2ea1b483bd50c34ceb9142eb7.jpg

Took a run at making my own gloves to accommodate the longer fingers and clawed fingertips. 3D printed a two inch extension for each finger that ends in a point. Still needs some tweaking but looks good with the bracer on. Hoping for warmer temps tomorrow to start priming and sanding the bracers.IMG_20221227_152527_008.thumb.jpg.25f1a3c4b7acaf3811370ac5545063df.jpg

25 minutes ago, CrazyMarlin said:

Took a run at making my own gloves to accommodate the longer fingers and clawed fingertips. 3D printed a two inch extension for each finger that ends in a point. Still needs some tweaking but looks good with the bracer on. Hoping for warmer temps tomorrow to start priming and sanding the bracers.IMG_20221227_152527_008.thumb.jpg.25f1a3c4b7acaf3811370ac5545063df.jpg

I think the top (back of hand) will need some kind of glossy / shiny black almost skeleton like claws that extend to the knuckles and a suede style glove.

UF1HfJh.png

On 12/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, DarthValkyria said:

Happy to announce after after a vote, LMO said it is approvable under the RLA, so huzzah!

Hooray! I’m gone for a week and I miss the good news. 😂 I shall continue work immediately. I’m going to work the uniform and cloak next.

Ok, a few updates. Outer cloak is almost done. I stenciled the large shoulder cogs today and once they dry will touch them up and that should be done. Inner cloak is almost done, just need to finish and attach the half cog clasp. Also pictured are the bracers and lighted belt boxes. Will need to design and print the elbow guards to attach to the bottom of the bracers. Progress!

lE3IpS3.jpeg

• Like 2

Ok, full suit up day! Still have lots of finishing touches and I'm just using a pair of underarmor running gloves until I finish the gloves, but this is all the pieces. Double cloaks, bracers, belts, etc. Also did a walking test outside and the double cloaks look awesome when walking.

Link to other pics.

20230114_155821.thumb.jpg.fd15043005897f56b0613970769b9364.jpg

• Like 2