• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Inquisitor (Tales of the Jedi)

Hey all, I started researching the costume when I saw the character in the trailer, so I'm eagerly waiting for the show to drop so I can get more details about the new Inquisitor.

The new Inquisitor looks awesome.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX6iYIKZbBUOhAIFZLBaY

Things I've noticed so far from repeated viewings of the trailer:

-cloak has a tattered appearance and is knee length

-typical jackboots

-belt is untextured with only a flat buckle, no disc detail

-belt has boxes with lights on it, need better reference

-gloves have bird-like talon

-cloak has imperial cog on both shoulders

-hood is double folded

-padded thighs

e76ea4b86ab05f7fb2c516726ee8b10184fa1b45

So stay tuned as I keep up my research and post new details, etc. Currently trying to find a vendor who will help with the cloak and hood.

• Like 2

Separate post:
The mask from Galactic Armory arrived. It looks pretty spot on, we'll see how it holds up when the show comes out.

As well, GA agreed to help me research the costume after the show airs and will help me develop any armor pieces or hard parts I may need.

IMG_7593.jpg

• Like 3

I think the Inquisitor might actually be wearing 2 capes and I noticed the padding on the thighs extend up to the rib cage as well.  The pouches on the side have belt straps kind of like what you would see on a holster and I noticed his gauntlets look very similar to the animated Grand Inquisitor ones.  He also has a metal decoration on his back which I presume is where he keeps his saber.

77GUjhF.png

YCHyruE.jpg

L9FdIs2.jpg

xNkXYM4.png

QrZ14cs.jpg

Galactic Armory has updated and revised their Inquisitor mask, and I'm helping them attempt to model the hard parts on the belt. Thankfully the Inquisitor wears the typical jackboots, so that'll probably be the easiest part of the build.

• Like 3

Nice.  I'm in the middle of printing the updated version myself.  I drew up and printed a couple of belt boxes with the red/white light combo and have made hip pouches for the side belts. Have boots, pants, shirt, and am currently sewing up the side cloth armor(I went with a quilted look like old D&D padded armor, as you can see some lines that look like quilted squares on his left side) and making the belts.  I have an oversized cloak from another project that I may convert.  Trying to figure out how to paint/print the oversized imperial cogs on the shoulders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyMarlin said:

Nice.  I'm in the middle of printing the updated version myself.  I drew up and printed a couple of belt boxes with the red/white light combo and have made hip pouches for the side belts. Have boots, pants, shirt, and am currently sewing up the side cloth armor(I went with a quilted look like old D&D padded armor, as you can see some lines that look like quilted squares on his left side) and making the belts.  I have an oversized cloak from another project that I may convert.  Trying to figure out how to paint/print the oversized imperial cogs on the shoulders. 

Your best bet for the oversized cogs is probably going iron-on vinyl. That's how I was planning to do if I can't find a vendor who can do the cloak. I'd be interested in seeing your belt boxes and clothing.

So I was able to finally get some time to pore over the Inquisitor, and I'vew got some images that should be gone over. @DarthValkyria you may want to chime in on these, any input is welcome and helpful.

So first up, the mask.

I think it's super safe to say the mask is base bone white, just very weathered and dirty. It was hard to tell from some shots but several lined up perfectly with the lighting to let me come to that conclusion.

The image below shows the mask in the fire lighting, and it takes on an almost metallic sheen as a result, BUT!

mask2.jpg

If you look at these images, it becomes clear it's just very very dirty but base white.

mask3.jpg

mask1.jpg

Next up is the gloves. I was able to capture this perfect image of the one glove. Safe to say it's the same for both.

glove.jpg

These may require specially made gloves altogether, the boned fingers are very defined and extend to the back of the hand, and are capped off with claws.

Ditto on the lightsaber hand.

lightsaber1.jpg

It's hard to tell, but that may actually be a tunic that goes over the shirt and extends down into the pleated hip 'armor'. If you look closely here, the lines go into each other past the belt.

Or it's possibly just the shirt and it goes over the pants. My bet is extended shirt over pants, based on his movements in the episode.

fullbody2.jpg

Ditto

fullbody1.jpg

pleat2.jpg

pleat1.jpg

As well, his gloves aren't as simple as I thought they were. He's wearing full gauntlets.

arm2.jpg

They go up to the elbow, and don't contour with his arm. From his elbow up, he has nothing.

arm.jpg

I was right about his boots, they're just generic boots.

boot.jpg

Finally, his back is untextured. I used to think he had a clip for his lightsaber but now it seems that was just an odd angle of the Imperial cog on his shoulder.

back.jpg

So all in all, these pictures should help immensely. If anybody wants to chime in with their thoughts and offer suggestions, I'm all ears. 😄

• Like 1

Great work on catching all these.

I would honestly say with the way the hips sit and move that it is one full, layered suit with a reverse attachment system compared to the front securing that we're used to seeing in empire stuff.

The boots look basic, but there seems to be a rear, "panel" that wraps around.

boot.jpg

Good spot, I didn't notice that rear panel. My question is, do you think we have enough to go on for a definite CRL? We don't get a good look at his back under the cloak, or good shots of the belt boxes... though I'm still watching the episode to try and see if I can find a good shot of them.

2 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Great work on catching all these.

I would honestly say with the way the hips sit and move that it is one full, layered suit with a reverse attachment system compared to the front securing that we're used to seeing in empire stuff.

The boots look basic, but there seems to be a rear, "panel" that wraps around.

boot.jpg

I went back and scoured again, and totally missed a part right when he first shows up.

I think what you spotted *might* just be a crease in the boot or odd lighting.

This image taken here when he first shows up shows the boot in better lighting and that seam goes up and over like a typical officer's boot.

boot2.jpg

Also another thing, he's definitely wearing two cloaks.

body.jpg

6 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

I found this on StarWars.com if it helps.

star-wars-tales-of-the-jedi-concept-art-18_a008be56.jpeg

JUST NOW saw this right after I posted above. 🤣 This helps immensely! So he IS wearing some kind of guard over his boot.

Based on this, I'd now say the hip cloths are attached to the belt and line up with the pattern in the torso.

Edit: Actually, there's more cloth to it.... might actually work like a kama, with the belt going over it, not attached to it.

Edited by TheLoneInquisitor

3 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Also shows gloves and bracer are, in fact, 2 separate pieces. Should make it easier for construction.

The belt should be simple enough. Base imperial belt without the code disk or rivet, add matching straps and the boxes and pouches to it

So on the "kama", if thats what we want to call it, I took it as two separate pieces, or at least, two panels joined in the back as you can see that there is no piece extending down from the rear between his legs.  I sewed two panels that I intended to attach with some strapping in the back.  It also looks like there is a roughly 4 inch(assuming the standard 2 inch belt) belt/girth piece that attaches the two side panels together.  I was also going to attach the upper portions that end under the chest to the shirt directly, but leave the bottom pieces free like a kama.

I started designing some gauntlets but had not seen those screenshots.  The underside is much more complicated.  Almost looks like a free floating elbow guard in one shot then just an extension in another.

The cloak looks much longer in that drawing than it did in the show.  Which I like better.  Knee length capes look kind of silly IMO.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 2:53 PM, TheLoneInquisitor said:

Your best bet for the oversized cogs is probably going iron-on vinyl. That's how I was planning to do if I can't find a vendor who can do the cloak. I'd be interested in seeing your belt boxes and clothing.

Took this pic yesterday.  The belt boxes need to be sanded and painted, but I finished the lights yesterday.  This is everything I have up to this point.  No laughing as its still really early!  That's the version 1 mask from Galactic Armory.  The correct version is finishing printing today.  Not pictured is what I guess I will call the outer cloak that I've got from a previous kit.  It also would look better on a person and not laid flat.

Progress.jpg

• Like 2

The, "kama" is definitely a single piece with 2 flaps hanging down. I agree it would attach in the back logically. 

I would say the best bet for the cogs is actually painting it. The vinyl wouldn't match the texture of the cape, which shows to have a slight texture from the concept. It would be similar to the Second Sister cogs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarthValkyria said:

The, "kama" is definitely a single piece with 2 flaps hanging down. I agree it would attach in the back logically. 

I would say the best bet for the cogs is actually painting it. The vinyl wouldn't match the texture of the cape, which shows to have a slight texture from the concept. It would be similar to the Second Sister cogs.

That was my thought as well.  Given how large they are I was going to try a two piece cricut stencil and use fabric paint.  Probably blotted on with a sponge to try and get a little weathered look.

• Like 1

The under cape has the same seam pattern as the top cape along the shoulder it looks like.  Shouldn't the kama be a worn leather like material? It looks like distressed leather that is padded in the show.

Edited by Trachta