• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Opinions on this helmet?

The Snake

Crossposted from Facebook.

Hello! I would love to get some opinions on this helmet sculpt I received from a vendor. To preface: This is NOT a criticism of the vendor and I will NOT be naming them at this time; this vendor is well known and well respected in the community and this is part of the first batch of their new Seventh Sister kit they sold to a handful of patrons. The rest of the kit is, as far as I can tell, of notable quality, but the helmet seems off to me (and so far, three of the other people who purchased the kit).

Pictured is the raw helmet next to my wife's finished and approved helmet. It seems quite large and I have doubts it can be approved this way; it looks comically big on both of our heads, like a sports mascot or bobblehead. Other patrons have also voiced their concerns but the vendor insists the helmet is sized normally. Again, I do not want to criticize the vendor here, this is a new kit for them and as stated they have a history of quality work.

However I did want to get some opinions on this helmet's size. Obviously this isn't the best representation as it is unfinished but I can truthfully tell you that it has bobble head proportions in relation to the armor.

Your thoughts?

307958828_5455144924522331_3746861074909928737_n.jpg

308034818_5455144911188999_2107500072340306033_n.jpg

308425797_5455144967855660_1478330755335499134_n.jpg

I'd also like to message on this post.
I'm also one of the few who ordered from this normally good-quality SW prop vendor (I wont name the vendor's name).... But I am in an absolute SHOCK on how this helmet was delivered by both size and quality.
Many ordered at this vendor when the run became open and it was told that it was on appropiate measures, made for females, etc etc. I was not expecting anything THIS big. I am around 1.70m (average female size) and it's just... HUGE. HUGE im telling you on my head. And to me the seller is also insisting that it's the ''correct'' size and that < all other helmets > from other (approved) 7th sisters are not accurate. 
.... Pardon?

To me this helmet will **NOT** be approveable if I look at all other helmets and sisters out there. 
It's a shame really as I requested the seller to please adjust the helmet /make a new one / or give a partly refund cuz I need to remake a whole new helmet somewhere else.
(this helmet is not what I signed up for when joining in with his 7th sister run....) But alas... it's like talking to a wall.

But that all aside.. Again, I dont think this helmet will be approveable.. Unless if you're a giant female from over 6'6 or so to even get close to these proportions....

Without actually seeing it on a person's head, it is hard to determine what the proportionality is. One being approved in, unfortunately, not much to go on as there are so many approved helmets  and masks across the Legion that, in fact, should not be.

This is a bit wobbly and wonky still since I’ve done absolutely no trimming to make the interior support fit properly - you can see the interior hard hat structure so it’s definitely not sitting 100%. And I can’t get the face mask positioned at all without doing a lot of trimming. But here’s the helmet on my head. For reference, my head is on the smaller size with a circumference of about 21.5” but my shoulders are wider than average. (Otherwise I’m 5’5” and wear women’s medium sized clothing).

I think the widest part at the bottom opening is 15” from edge to edge.

7e32a7e8d7dd21aaeb9436efc821a89d.jpg

3993c73763206d1927a66d5bf5433082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I am currently talking with the maker to see what can be done on an accuracy standpoint. I just want to reiterate that any sales or merchant-related issues an not be handled by the Detachment and must be between the buyers and the maker.