• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Emperor Fel, Ceremonial Robes Build

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

As Celebration fast approaches, I'm finding myself down to the wire on finishing this costume. Aware of the approvability issues, still all-ahead-full because I genuinely enjoy the character (and my fiancee's finishing a Deliah Blue... so this way we can go play Legacy stuff at CV).

References here, build photos should fast follow:

442px-RoanFel_EA.jpg

756px-Fel_Bastion.JPG

467px-RoanFel.jpg

Roan_Fel_LECG.jpg

Awesome! Making a costume just because you really like the character is the best reason of all. I haven't seen a Fel costume yet, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have to share! (I wouldn't mind seeing Deliah's progress, too... she's a great character, also.)

Pam :-)

Guest Daritha
As Celebration fast approaches, I'm finding myself down to the wire on finishing this costume. Aware of the approvability issues, still all-ahead-full because I genuinely enjoy the character (and my fiancee's finishing a Deliah Blue... so this way we can go play Legacy stuff at CV).

With me and my girl it's Daddy Fel and Princess Sia (although she wants me to make Antares, asking again and again xD ).

However, for now I'm going to make Roan Fel in his "Monster"-arc Imperial Knight armor. It's more or less the normal armor just with golden Imperial symbols.

I myself wasn't goaling Fel's ceremonial armor because I din't quite like as a costume for myself. But I'm more than eager to see your progress on him. :)

Guest Anonymous

So, Emperor Fel was "finished" in time for Celebration. "Finished" in that I wasn't happy with the strapping system, didn't care much for the way I attached the chestpiece, and the underrobe? Idiot me put it on backwards. It still came out quite well for the rushjob I put on finishing the last few parts. If anyone happened to see myself and my fiancee wandering around in a Legacy group on Sunday (Fel, Blue, Marasiah, and Cade) and took any photos? I'd love to see them, as our camera was left in Florida...

Guest Anonymous

We got the Jan Duursema seal of approval! She closed down her signing line and all other conversations for about a half hour when we showed up...

45104_1376555301445_1458738962_30948658_5462482_n.jpg

Guest Daritha

I saw the pics on devART too. There are some flaws in the details of the costume but as a group project: It rocks!

I always love to see Legacy costumes. How did you made the blasters for Cade and Deliah. They're very close to Rawk's Special and the Bluebolt. Great prop work! :D

Guest Anonymous

I saw your group around the con, looked good, I was a Tusken during the EU lecture, but the day before I had my IK on...

AMySWCV309.jpg

Guest Daritha

Give in to your hatred, my young Knight. ^^ Nice compilation - the sunglasses are adding to the bad-ass look of every IK. ^^

By the way: Who is that Cade Skywalker? I have a friend who wants to make Cade, too. He is looking for Darth Vader's pants and the pants of this Cade are looking great. Maybe, someone can poke him about that topic? Pleeease? :)

Guest Anonymous
I saw the pics on devART too. There are some flaws in the details of the costume but as a group project: It rocks!

Daritha, please define "flaws." I'm getting ready to redo the cloak, because the patterning is too large. Aside from that, I'd call the costume ready to submit.

I always love to see Legacy costumes. How did you made the blasters for Cade and Deliah. They're very close to Rawk's Special and the Bluebolt. Great prop work! :D

Both are scratchbuilt from airsoft rifles, with apoxy sculpt applied liberally.

Guest Daritha

At first, I want you to congratulate on the costume. It's a great work and I very much like the belt and the "crown jewels" around the neck. Nontheless, I suggest some issues to be corrected before 501st approval:

The undersuit is more of a mixture of blue and gray than entirely black. Every source I know confirms this.

The shoulder pads are too big. They should lie on the shoulders and not extend over them. But the official pictural sources are in conflict here since there are more than one versions of the shoulder pads.

The "straps" that are emerging from the chest armor need to be extended. In every source, they are converging with the cape of the Emperor and not stopping midway. But you've mentioned to redo the cape. That might solve this issue.

This is just my point of view. In general, your costume's great and I'm impressed how quickly you put everything together for CV.

Guest Anonymous

So here I am again, getting ready to resurrect this project now that the weather's ready to cooperate with me. :)

Step one... I've replaced the "lower tabs" on the chest armor with longer pieces. It'll allow for the strapping to be better hidden.

Step two... I'm going to redo the cape entirely, since it was eaten by the escalator at CV. :'( I was going to do it anyway, but having the metal teeth make a meal of the fabric? Definitely the breaking point.

Step three... Replace the shoulders. I've got plenty of material to make this happen, it's just a matter of snapping the old ones off, making new ones, and painting them up.

Step four... I'm going to give the "dress" a quick dye-removal bath, and then try to give it a blue/gray tint. I want to keep the fabric because the way it lies looks quite like the reference.

Anything else? I'm also trying to find a good source for a IK Lightsaber, because even though it's never strictly seen, I don't think even the Emperor would wander around unarmed. :)