• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Wip Darth Revan. New and inexperienced.

Nes

52265659649_335d706446_b.jpg

Ok. Now, the next thing i need to know is where this glued strip goes.  To then put the velcro.  Regarding the velcros I have another doubt.  Do I have to put them with the armor on? Because if so, someone else would have to help me

Alright, so here is my setup from the video. My pieces are very similar to yours. I have my cowl and cape attached to the inside of my breastplate. Again, this is just so I can get into it quicker without having to style soft parts as much. The plates should line up like this more or less and the strap from the ring comes up onto the top back plate. The last image shows more or less where I have my Velcro. To store it, I just flip the back plate 180 degrees so it sits inside the breastplate and wrap the soft parts around it. Hope that helps. 

7FB09EC1-F401-4B53-AFDC-43C0BC55B965.jpeg

3FBCAE86-B9CA-47CE-BB45-9C712D710276.jpeg

B1B3307E-1775-4404-8A07-0B0CEE470CC7.jpeg

CD3518AC-505F-4870-A35C-1F76A726FDF0.jpeg

61330A35-3219-461B-BE3B-C2F234378D47.jpeg

327CA483-5EBD-4CC3-8FB3-91C0B7F53FC7.jpeg

Edited by DarthCephalus
  • Like 1

Ok. I still don't know very well where the velcro of the strip goes that it said in the last photo I uploaded, but anyway I take the opportunity to ask you.  Those parts you say you leave attached to the armor, what are they?

So if you look at the second to last picture, that diagonal stripe of velcro on the back plate matches a piece on the reverse of that strap. In the shot where it is all attached, you can see how that strap comes up diagonally. As to the parts I leave attached. I leave the cowl and cape attached to the breastplate and the sashes attached to the ring.

• Like 1

Ok. I can see the velcro thing quite clearly in the photos you've sent me, but since it's the first time I'm going to put them on, I'm afraid they won't fit the height that the GML wants.  Would you give me some advice on what to do?

As long as you get the front and back plates lined up right, you can adjust the height after by adjusting the shoulder straps. Worst case scenario, you can redo where you have the velcro with a bit of cleanup. It is a bit of trial and error, but you are going to have to try to put it on and then adjust as needed.

• Like 1

Right. So what do I start with by aligning the two pieces, putting on the velcro as you told me, adjusting the straps to my measurements and trying to see how it fits me?

Pretty much, yes. The velcro is not permanent, so don't be too worried about messing it up. 

If you need, you can have someone help you align it and use tape to outline where it needs to go so you have a template to use for placing the other side of the velcro.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 1:48 AM, Nes said:

Ok. Can you tell me in what order could I put on the suit?

Generally a pretty good order is,

1. skirt and shirt

2. head covering you wear under the mask (tuck into collar)

3. Armor plates

4. Sashes

5. cape

6. Cowl

7. Gauntlets (vanbraces and hand armor) and gloves (tuck gloves into vanbraces)

8. mask

As you get into it a few times though, you'll figure out what works best for you.

• Like 1

Ok.

I'm going to practice a little tomorrow because I got back from vacation today.  I'm a little scared when putting on the velcros because it's my first time and I don't have anyone around to help me.  If I made a mistake, what velcro would I have to buy? How could I learn to adjust the hood?

• Like 1

Hi:

today, they have been helping me with the armor and the ribbon that I round in white I don´t know if it can go to that height because if I put it higher it touches the piece behind.

IMG-7835.jpg

IMG-7833.jpg