• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Wip Darth Revan. New and inexperienced.

Nes

Greetings to all from Spain.

I open a new wip with the intention of moving forward with my Darth Revan costume from Wicked Armor, since I have been a bit stuck. Sorry if I'm not very good with the language but I hope we can understand each other. My problem is the following:

I received the Wicked Armor kit last month and although other Revans have tried to help me and looking at the manufacturer's instructions, I´m not able to put on the suit. I have bought almost everything to register it in the 501st but since I don't know how to put it on, I don't know how the suit fits me and I don't know if I have to adjust anything until I try it on. Without doing what I'm talking about, I can't register the suit. It would be a great help if you send me photos, videos (I don't think you can) of how the suit is put on.

Welcome 

I do not have a Revan costume myself, but I am sure, that we have members, who can assist you ;-) 

@DarthValkyria can you help out perhaps ?  

I did find this video of a member with a wicked armor set up, though not sure if it is applyable to yours ?

Edited by Heavy1973

Thank you Heavy. 

I saw the video a few days ago but she dresses fast and I don't quite know.  my first problem when putting on the suit is the armor.  There are two parts: back and front.  Velcros come to join the pieces but I can't get them to match

6 hours ago, Heavy1973 said:

Welcome 

I do not have a Revan costume myself, but I am sure, that we have members, who can assist you ;-) 

@DarthValkyria can you help out perhaps ?  

I did find this video of a member with a wicked armor set up, though not sure if it is applyable to yours ?

Thank you Heavy. 

I saw the video a few days ago but she dresses fast and I don't quite know.  my first problem when putting on the suit is the armor.  There are two parts: back and front.  Velcros come to join the pieces but I can't get them to match

23 hours ago, Nes said:

Thank you Heavy. 

I saw the video a few days ago but she dresses fast and I don't quite know.  my first problem when putting on the suit is the armor.  There are two parts: back and front.  Velcros come to join the pieces but I can't get them to match

Can you please confirm if this is the forum site to open the wip? because it seems a bit strange to me that no one answers.

Yes it is the right place, I am very sorry, that none other have answered here yet.  

I wish I could do more to help, but as I already stated earlier, I don´t have any experience with a Revan regarding how to put the armor together and suit up. 

1 hour ago, Heavy1973 said:

Yes it is the right place, I am very sorry, that none other have answered here yet.  

I wish I could do more to help, but as I already stated earlier, I don´t have any experience with a Revan regarding how to put the armor together and suit up. 

Thank you.  I'll keep looking.  In any case, any information that someone who has the suit can give me would be of great help.  It's costing me more than I thought

Hi, i heard you need some help for the Revan Armor.

What problems do you have exactly? Only to fit the back to the front?

Have you put the stripes at the top of the armor together, so that you can hang it over your shoulders?

If not, do it. If yes, hang 'em over your shoulder, take a lil piece of tape and mark the spot, where you have to put the velcro at the side and at the end of the ringstripes.

My soft parts are done by myself, so i can't help you much with the WA soft parts, but i have the WA armor too.

I guess it is nearly the same with the softparts as i have done it.

My way of wearing it is:

Pttin on my trousers, the shirt and the boots.

After that i'll put on the skirt.

Then ill hand the armor over my shoulders, put on the cloak, fit it in the right places and close the armor at the side.

The last step would be the capelet and the vambraces.

Hope it helps a bit, if not, feel free to ask everything you want to know.

• Like 1

Hello everyone:

I tried to upload photos but I can't. I don't know if you could explain it to me.

I start to explain a little from the beginning. My English is not very good.

I have been a member of the 501st since the end of last year. I´m very new to the world of cosplay and I´m not very skilled. A month ago I received the Wicked Armor kit and I thought I'd open the box, put it on, maybe adjust some soft part of the suit that was too long and here we go!!. When I went to put it on, it wasn't like that. I didn't know how to put it. Although some Revan from my garrison explained to me on WhatsApp, I haven't finished knowing how it goes. It has been quite frustrating for me and yesterday, in addition to writing here, I also wrote to Wicked Armor to see if they could help me with videos, photos, etc.
Coincidentally, two weeks ago, they uploaded some short videos to youtube where they explain how to put on the suit. I've made some progress since until yesterday I didn't understand how the velcro system worked on the armor and I already discovered that when the armor is sent to you, the velcro is attached to one part and you have to attach it to the other. I don't know if I explain myself.

After knowing this, I'm going to try to put on the armor but anyway there are more parts that I don't understand how to put on and in what order I have to put it on.

Reading Darth Revan on the forum he tells me the steps but it's not entirely clear to me. I explain to you so that you tell me how I have to do:

I put on my boots, pants, shirt, and skirt. Afterwards, if I haven´t misunderstood, comes the armor but I don't know exactly if I put the velcros on once, if I put on the front armor and then the back or if I leave everything adjusted before putting it on.

After these steps, I don't know how the other parts of the suit go and in what order. I don't know if those of you who have the suit can send me photos or videos of how you put it on or explain how you do it, although I think it will be more difficult to explain it in writing.

Edited by Nes

I see, you're talkin about the velcros at the side.

Get em together, so that the armor looks nice. The veclro doesn't need to fit perfectly on the both pieces of it.

If you cling it to each other and there is some velcro left, it'll be no problem.

You can adjust the armor a little bit, by upsetting the fake leather part between ab and chest

Hope you understand what i am talking about :-S

• Like 1

I recommend you have someone help you for the first time. They hold the armor front and back on you where it should connect and sit, and you make sure the straps over the shoulders fit well.

Then when the shoulder straps are set to your body, they line up the armor and place the Velcro for the side that isn't already attached.

• Like 1

Hey there. That was my video in the OP. What the others have said is correct; the front and back plate have shoulder straps that connect them. If yours does not have these yet, glue a black strap to each side of the chest and back so that you can tie these together at your shoulders to adjust how low the armor hangs. If you have a Wicked Armor setup, these straps are already there. Once you have someone help you tie those to the right level, then pop your head between the straps (kind of like putting on an apron) so that it drapes in front and behind. You then velcro the pieces together at the sides. I use a big pad of velcro where the plates overlap and a thin strip on the black leather straps that come off the ring and go up and towards the back. My setup is a bit more complex than it needs to be since my cowl and cape are affixed to my chest plate so it all goes on together. That is not the standard setup, it was just something I did to get into it more quickly. For most setups, once you get the armor on, you can then worry about arranging the soft goods. I'll try to get some pics in a day or two when I have a chance to help.

Edited by DarthCephalus
  • Like 1

Hola Nes, si quieres puedes escribirme para ayudarte, y vemos un medio por el que nos conectemos porque como mencionan es necesario mirar las fotografías para ver cual es el problema.

Saludos,

• Like 1

I made a post in our FB detachment group asking for help/advice for you, since many are on holiday and don´t check the forums much, and I just want to say a big thanks to all for getting in here and helping out. Hopefully you will be able to get your costume fitted and get approved soon. 

This is a great detachment with awesome members :-) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heavy1973 said:

made

thank you very much to all.  I’m going to try first to speak with the colleague who speaks Spanish, which is always easier to understand.  I leave the post open and any progress I make on the suit I will tell you here.  Let's see if I can get discharged soon 😉

Thank you:

Two days ago I tried to copy the Flickr link where you say and it didn't let me.  I do not know what I'm doing wrong 🤷‍♂️

IMG-7497

IMG-7496

In the first photo they told me that I had to cut the velcro where I put the arrow and the second photo I think is how the armor should look when I put the velcro.  Confirm me if it's ok please

Yes this work well, I can see your pictures now ;-) - as too if you´ve done it correctly, I can´t say, since I don´t have any experience with a Revan armor and how to build it.    Hopefully one of our members can confirm it for you. 

Edited by Heavy1973