• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Twelfth_Brother -Grand Inquisitor WIP

Hi, I am still trying to figure out just how I am going to go about building this costume.   I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could commission the soft parts i.e. the shirt, pants, and possibly the belt? Also is there a place that will print out 3d files for you that you could suggest?  I found JMS props on Etsy but I don't have a 3d printer and right now that seems to be the only way to get the armor parts for this costume. Any suggestions you might have would be helpful and most appreciated.  

I found someone that could make the shirt and pants. I just need to know if they look appropriate or any changes needed before I get them made.  I am attaching pics below of the costume they have made before. 

Grand Inquisitor costume - amion.jpeg

Grand Inquisitor top - Amion.jpeg

Grand Inquisitor pants - Amion.jpeg

Not saying these would or wouldn't pass basic... But shirt should have 15 vertical ribs, not 26. Colors overall look pretty spot on to me. The fly should be a rectangular panel and not just a regular fly. Could be an easy change to just sew a rectangle of fabric over that area. Once you have boots just be sure the pants are long enough because they look disproportionally short in the pics. For the armor JMS and Tristone props on etsy are the only creators I know of for this armor. If you have a garrison mate with a printer that's the way I did it because I don't have a printer either. Magmel creations on etsy for the belt is an option.

• Like 2

Ok, so a little update.  After much consideration, I think I am going to jump into the deep end and try and make these myself. I don't know how to sew (obviously lol) but it is a skill I have ALWAYS wanted to learn and what better time, right?  This may not be the best project to make my first attempt but I have to at least try.  So, now I am going to start trying to find some fabric and get a machine and figure out how to make a pattern for this.  I saw another WIP for this costume with some helpful notes, but I think the pattern is going to take some time for me to figure out. This is going to take some time. Fingers crossed lol.

• Twelfth_Brother changed the title to Twelfth_Brother -Grand Inquisitor WIP