• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

How do you revans store your armor?

obibonjovi

Looking for a few ideas or some suggestions. I have the MWA v2 revan armor and was wondering how some of yall store your costume while not in use. I was planning on hanging the soft parts in hangars but the armor im not to sure about. I want to svoiding warping or degregation of the material as much as possible. Was thinking of making a little wooden "T - stand" that the armor could drape over while not in use.

I wrap the cape backwards over the front of the armor, twist the shoulder straps so that the back armor is sitting on top of the front armor, and then put the now-thin section of armor in a tote. Everything else gets folded or wrapped and put on top of this.

If I am tired and lazy, I just keep the armor attached like normal and shove everything between the front and back armors where my body would be, still using the cape to wrap over it.

2 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

I wrap the cape backwards over the front of the armor, twist the shoulder straps so that the back armor is sitting on top of the front armor, and then put the now-thin section of armor in a tote. Everything else gets folded or wrapped and put on top of this.

If I am tired and lazy, I just keep the armor attached like normal and shove everything between the front and back armors where my body would be, still using the cape to wrap over it.

Thanks for the reply, That's pretty much what i been doing as well. As a newbie into the hobby i been just trying to make sure im taking proper precautions and applying some good practices. So paranoid about getting wrinkles in the cape haha

I bought a DeWalt contractor box from Home Depot on sale for like $65.. it has slots where you can add boards inside to section the areas off..

I painted it to look like a star wars universe shipping crate:

(Digital image found from a google image search)

fHpOevG.jpeg

7MRx1go.jpeg

n5PwcLe.jpeg

gcyCVmU.jpeg

I put my boots in the very center all by themselves in case they get mud or dirt or whatever, so they won't get the rest of it dirty..

0AGxU5G.jpeg

I have pull apart foam in the far left skinny slot, I pulled out enough to put my saber hilts there. my skirt and bracers and other small things go in the second one. I cut out foam for the tray to hold my mask, and the chest plate and bigger things go in the far left..

I also fabbed some pieces that attach to the inner lid out of sheet metal with clamp things meant to hold rakes and stuff. I store my blades there..

I'll try and remember to get some pics of how it looks now..

I thought I had pics of the finished product, but I'm not seeing them..

2 hours ago, tattooed_pariah said:

I bought a DeWalt contractor box from Home Depot on sale for like $65.. it has slots where you can add boards inside to section the areas off..

I painted it to look like a star wars universe shipping crate:

(Digital image found from a google image search)

fHpOevG.jpeg

7MRx1go.jpeg

n5PwcLe.jpeg

gcyCVmU.jpeg

I put my boots in the very center all by themselves in case they get mud or dirt or whatever, so they won't get the rest of it dirty..

0AGxU5G.jpeg

I have pull apart foam in the far left skinny slot, I pulled out enough to put my saber hilts there. my skirt and bracers and other small things go in the second one. I cut out foam for the tray to hold my mask, and the chest plate and bigger things go in the far left..

I also fabbed some pieces that attach to the inner lid out of sheet metal with clamp things meant to hold rakes and stuff. I store my blades there..

I'll try and remember to get some pics of how it looks now..

I thought I had pics of the finished product, but I'm not seeing them..

Hey tattoed! I see ya over on the garrison forums. Thanks for the input, your storage case looks awesome. The compartments are a great idea. Ill probably end up using this as my solution as well. 

• Like 1

Just ran out to the store, took some interior pic as I was leaving :)

YDYlG26.jpg

I usually wrap the hood/capelet/cape around the chest pieces and put them in the big compartment on the right..

Ywa0oqJ.jpg

blade storage on the lid

L7IYrNL.jpg

I had intended on driling holes and riveting the sheet metal to the lid, but I couldn't get in at the right angle, so just wound up bending the corners so they kinda spring clamp on the frame of the lid.. they don't stay on 100%, but probably about 95% efective..

DROhoJJ.jpg

boot storage under mask tray..