• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Asajj Ventres Mexican costume

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

thanks for your comments, in a few days I'll be uploading photos of the complete costume, I am always delighted to read what I write and give me suggestions.

I am very grateful to everyone for their support.

Guest Sakara

hadnt seen this..too get the bald cap same colour as your own skin...stipple on pax onto the cap. Make the pax from prosaide mixed with a little red acrylic. When stippled on it becomes reddish as it dries. This ends up looking like bloodtone under the white makeup. Thats why the makeup on your skin at the moment appear different to what is on the cap.

I found it works a treat!

Id also recommend not going with pure white makeup, but very pale grey. This is because pure white can 'flash' out on camera loosing alot of detail in your face. grey or off white looks muc better and allows far more of your face to show through on camera.

Guest Anonymous

I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions for making my costume for me were very supportive. Now we just wait, will keep you informed

You have made such good progress on your Asajj Ventress Body Armour costume, I look forward to seeing it approved. However, based on the pictures you've posted I anticipate you likely will not be approved because the cape and hood you are wearing is covering up much of the details that the costume judges need to see.

all [/u]of the makeup - the bald cap, the black triangle tattoos, with a grey or white skin tone. I know it's a pain to do all of the makeup, but it is a requirement for approval pictures.

- your shirt must be dark grey or black and should match the colour of the leggings you are wearing - I dont' think the light grey shirt in the picture is acceptable for the Body Armour version of this costume

- you must be wearing the wide, flowing, ankle-length skirt described in the standards (if you are in these pictures, it is completely hidden by the cape.)

- the belt you are wearing is perfect for the AOTC Concept Version of Asajj, but I'm not sure if it is appropriate for the Body Armour version. I think we might need Pam to weigh in on that item.

- your boots look okay, but I can't see if they have the required three wide bands or criss-crossing wrap of black leather or fabric

normal_sw_eu_stills-week8-asajj2.jpg

Once you have pictures that show all of these things, I'm sure you'll get approved :)

Katherine has given you some great suggestions, you will do well in following them. You're getting really close, just two notes:

1. The Robe is a "jedi" styled robe as opposed to the cape the other AV versions tend to use so it needs to have sleeves.

normal_Republic51.jpg

2. I think the belt may be passable for the Armoured Ventress, will need to double check on the references to see if it ever had one like this. Please provide the reference if you have some to consider. Focus your efforts on the other points Katherine notes.

Some informal troops might work OK (so long as you clear it with the event coordinator) to not necessarily have the bald cap so long as the hood is secure, but you'd still need the tattoos on the checks at very least. For you submission photos you will want to have the hood down like in the artwork, showing the complete makeup and bald cap (or shaved head etc). If you need a template for the tattoos you are welcome to print and use ours, available here

109_02.jpg

Guest Anonymous

I make the adjustment to be discharged in the legion, I say bring the belt and the cape are the asajj armor and the gray of the body should be darker. I was thinking of modifying the body by the AOTC version to keep my belt and my cloak.