• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Queen of Ktath'atn (Screaming Citadel) Build

pockethux

Hi Y'all

I'm going to be posting me Queen of the Screaming Citadel (from the Dr. Aphra comics) here. I'm including some screenshots of the comic, along with my progress, shots of the corset/bodysuit, the final finished outfit, along with what I know I already need to revise to make it up to snuff for a CRL.

There may be more stuff that ends up making it not worthwhile for me to alter to make it up to CRL/first in legion level, but I'm hoping that my thread here might at least help someone else move forward with a build that is, if mine ends up not being the one. 

There seem to be two major differences/variants in her costume, and that deals with the "prongs" (for lack of better word) towards her back. Sometimes she has them, sometimes she doesnt. There are lot of other variants with her costume (esp in her skirt and crown--the crown is REALLY all over the place). It comes from this design being really complicated.

Uploading screenshots/scans of the design itself here. I may bring up more when I get to specific costume pieces. (I will also be updating this thread throughout the week as I dont have all the pics on my laptop and working on mobile is a butt so I need to transfer the pics to my desktop).

doctor-aphra-5.webp

download.jpg

Queen_of_Ktath_atn_hive.webp

screaming-citadel-review.webp

tumblr_orhanqbncQ1rk9c31o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oscz80n13u1w2tgilo2_1280.jpg

Greetings! We lost track of one another amidst the chaos of the photo and didn't get a chance to talk.

I will note that a previous applicant submitted and was turned down as the back references do not show a lace up system for the corset.

There were some specific section details of the sleeves that need to be represented, and the collar spikes were attached to a specific piece (mind is hazy on that part without the full folder of references we had).

15 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

Greetings! We lost track of one another amidst the chaos of the photo and didn't get a chance to talk.

I will note that a previous applicant submitted and was turned down as the back references do not show a lace up system for the corset.

There were some specific section details of the sleeves that need to be represented, and the collar spikes were attached to a specific piece (mind is hazy on that part without the full folder of references we had).

Hey there! Yeah sorry there was a medical emergency that I was trying to help with towards the end of the photo so I had to disappear. 

The corseted back is one of the 'issues' on my costume I already know needs to be addressed. It should be a simple issue tbh: just add an attached 'flap' that covers the lacing. A modesty panel in front of the laces instead of behind the laces. I think if done correctly it won't look off and will give the appearance of the comic. 

Collar spikes may be my biggest issue as I need to still build them (the sleeve details can be worked on).  

Yeah from what I remember in quick passing, it was a good start, so definitely something doable! Excited to see it come to completion as I love the look of this character and have been hoping someone comes along with one that we can push through approval!