• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Second Sister WIP (Approved!)

Aviriia

So I've been working for a little while on a second sister already and I thought: It maybe is a good time to also post the WIP thread in here!

Hard Parts:  Commissioned from Thorsson (from Facebook)
Gloves + Shoes: Crowprops
Fabric: Tricot Fabric - Ottoman rib black/red. (I've checked it with the local GML who said that it looked ok.)
Neckseal: TBC! I maybe have found someone who is to make a mold from 3d print and is thinking of selling.  But I'm always open for suggestions if there is someone out there who already makes the neckseals!

Next part will be to get it all somehow sown together into a lovely costume! :D 

Armor.jpg

Boots.jpg

Fabric.jpg

Fabric2.jpg

gloves3.jpg

Edited by Aviriia
  • Like 1

APPROVED! DS-22229 reporting in! 🥰

To compile a list where I got everything from and the +- amount that it did cost me. 

(spoiler: it turned out WAYY more expensive than I thought it would be.... But that happens when you commission most of the costume ;> )

Boots and Gloves: $228.00 + shipping/import
https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product/second-sister-combo-boots-and-gloves

Softparts ribbing: -- They deliver international and also to the US! You may however need to email them about it! ((They are located in The Netherlands))
https://www.destoffenkraam.nl/stoffen/tricot-stoffen/tricot-stof-cottoman-ribbel-rood-0592-425/
https://www.destoffenkraam.nl/stoffen/tricot-stoffen/tricot-stof-cottoman-ribbel-zwart-0592-999/

I'm not sure about the cape fabric. I bought the ribbed fabric, sent it to the US and the seamstress there put everything together for me.

Who made the softparts:
The Mad Seamstresses (facebook) // Cost was about 1800 dollar + shipping + import ((Time of ordering was fall 2021)

Armor (shoulders, helmet, gauntlet, rankbars and also buckle. Buckle I didn't use however. I went for the complete finished option.
Shawn M Thorsson (Facebook) $485 for raw kit OR $1.155 for completely finished + shipping/import. ((at time of ordering/prices was April 2021) 

Lightsaber: 700$ + shipping
https://www.thepachstore.com/products/ultimate-works-ss-sister-custom-saber-feb-2020

Belt: Total cost was about 20 euro?
Buckle was printed and a gift from Jason. I decided not to use the one from Shawn as I liked the printed one better with the size/shape. 
The leather strip i bought online somewhere local. Added the 2 lines manually into it. I've attached the buckle with Velcrow. Same as how to open and close the belt: Velcrow!

Neckseal: 100$ ish (if i recall correctly) + shipping

Jason Goldberg (Facebook)

Issues that I ran into:
The fabric being a little too thick for the softparts in the arms.
Current fix: Using a bag (lol) around my hand and slide it through the gauntlet. I communicated this with the local GML and will need to do sanding on the inside to prevent bruises.
Lightsaber does need a little extra weathering on the metal (Local GML suggestion)
Rankbars: I need to extra secure it with a tiny bit of velcrow to prevent them going up/not lining up when walking. (Local GML suggestion)
Neckseal: It's a lovely looking neckseal. However, it's a little too big. I may need to cut it open and make it tighter around the neck & make it attachable with velcrow after the cut open on the side?)
Fog Fog and more Fog! Help I can't see! Yep. The visor really gets foggy -really- fast. So... i guess it's time to buy some anti fog.

Import is no joke guys! Especially when importing from NA to the EU... So yes... a good reminder for the European to be sisters out there! 

And last but not least: All above does not guarentee for your approval! But I do have to say that my GML is very strict when it came to ribbing on the fabric.
So i'm very happy that this fabric was ok'd by him!

s5pLccB.jpg 

Edited by Aviriia
  • Like 1

• Aviriia changed the title to Second Sister WIP (Approved!)