• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Krayt Standards Discussion

Guest A'Sharad Hett

Guest A'Sharad Hett

Costume Standards for the Darth Krayt Costume

15927315.jpg

A Darth Krayt Costume Must Have:

(These costume elements are required.)

Helmet

* The helmet must have two bigger horns per side, three smaller horns on each cheek, various smaller ones symmetrically spread all over the surface, and two "fangs".

* The base color of the helmet, as for the rest of the armor, is grey. It shouldn't look plain grey but aged through shades of a darker color.

helmetn.jpg

Grey braid hair

* The costumer must have long and grey hair braided in a long braid or wear wig accordingly to show the braid itself hanging from the inside of the helmet.

[N.B.: from the references I've found, i.e. the Legacy series as a whole, it seems the braid is not visible when Darth Krayt wears the helmet. As the armor is one with his body there's no way he could possibly put the braid inside it somehow, so I believe it is just a simplification made by the penciler due to time constraints, and I think the costume should have this detail]

braid.jpg

Makeup:

* The costumer's face must wear black "tattoos" as in pic - note that Darth Krayt's tattoos differ from A'Sharad Hett's in the chin zone see pic below.

* The costumer's neck and any visible skin must be randomly greyed representing the armor "roots".

* Small "coral shards" must be glued all over the visible skin.

tattoos2.jpg

tattoosx.jpg chinhett.jpg

Body Armor

* The armor should be made of a rigid material.

* The armor should be grey in color and look old/aged.

* It must have a pectoral shield on top, made in several plaques.

* It must have three rib-like plaques on each side.

* It must have six abdominalesque plaques.

* The back must have many spikes of various shapes and sizes moving from the center, where there should be a spine-like series of plaques.

frontchest.jpg backnq.jpg

* It must have spiked pauldrons and plaqued upper cannons (bicep armor)

pauldrons.jpg pauldron2.jpg

* It must have spiked and plaqued lower cannons (forearm armor)

lowercannon.jpg

* It must have a spiked samurai-like lower part.

gonna.jpg

Boots

* They must be knee high boots.

* The boots should be made of a rigid material.

* They must be grey in color and look old/aged.

* They should be made of three to four bands each.

* They should have one or three spikes each.

bootq.jpg boot2i.jpg

A Darth Krayt Costume Should Have:

(These costume elements are highly recommended, but are not required.)

Makeup:

* The costumer should wear two different eyelenses, a "classic" sith-like for the right eye and a blue tech-like for the left one.

eyesn.jpg

Lightsabers

* The twin hilts should resemble the gnarled design of Legacy sith sabers.

* If the lighsabers have blades, the blades must be red in color.

sabers.jpg

Known Darth Krayt visual references:

("The rule of three" a.k.a. "You need at least three visual references coming from three different LFL licensed sources to have a new standard added to this Detachment.")

* Star Wars: Legacy

* Star Wars Role Playing Game: Saga Edition - Legacy Era Campaign Guide

* Star Wars Miniatures: Legacy of The Force #5

* Star Wars Comic 2-Pack: Legacy - Darth Krayt & Sigil Dare

Guest A'Sharad Hett
Great start Andrea!

It took ages to get all the pictures digging my Legacy collection :D

It took ages to get all the pictures digging my Legacy collection :D

I can agree to that! I think it takes longer to collect and organize the pictures than it does to do the whole rest of the standards. (That's why I smiled really big when I saw that somebody had taken on that job for Krayt!)

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Pam,

should we consider this list definitive or do you think it needs modifications?

Once set in stone we should consider opening a dedicated forum, maybe?

Hi,

There are a few details that need modifications, such as moving the contacts to the recomended section (we can't require them for medical reasons), and gluing small pieces of coral to the skin (similar to the way Darth Maul horns are glued on). Other than that, the overall requirements are fair.

Guest A'Sharad Hett
Hi,

There are a few details that need modifications, such as moving the contacts to the recomended section (we can't require them for medical reasons), and gluing small pieces of coral to the skin (similar to the way Darth Maul horns are glued on). Other than that, the overall requirements are fair.

I edited the first post accordingly.

Guest A'Sharad Hett

I made a (final?) edit to add a last section to the list and make the standard complete and consistent with the detachment rules :>

Guest A'Sharad Hett

My plan is to have standard compliant shots at FedCon XX next May, atm I'm finalizing the biceps 'corals' after some tests :!:

Guest Daritha

OOT

My plan is to have standard compliant shots at FedCon XX next May, atm I'm finalizing the biceps 'corals' after some tests :!:
Ah, you'll be at FedCon? Great. I'm looking forward to see you there. :)

Guest Anonymous
OOT
Ah, you'll be at FedCon? Great. I'm looking forward to see you there. :)

*Pokes Daritha*

I told you that our Italian friends will be there ;D! What would our group picture for Jan be without our Overlord ;)?

-- Andrea: Malincha and I are also looking forward to see the "updated" version of your approved Krayt :D and to make some awesome pics with you :)!

Guest A'Sharad Hett

I remember a raw sketch where it was like what you describe (can't remember the source tho), and some instances in Legacy where it was less defined, looking more like a bush of spikes than the actual spiky backbone it should be.

I believe the well defined version should be taken as the only standard, as we all know comics need a lot of simplifications of many characters to meet editors' schedules :D

I have a friend who is interested on making this costume.

I see many of the links are broken now, is there a way to refresh them?

Thanks.

Edited by Delta-98