• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP on Revan (planning stage)

henkaa

Hi all.

I am in the starting phase on a Revan (it has been going on for a while, with some ups and downs in motivation, but now i am on it again). 

I was going through some ref pictures but do not get the complete feel on how it is supposed to look.

Here is a cardboard draft. Does it seem ok or are some of the proportions on it way off? (I know there should be more slope up top on the cuirass, I noticed that after cutting)

As you can see, the overlap between front and back pieces is way to big, but I go for that it is better to have some excess to trim than the opposite.

Also, I present a template on the mask. It is a bit crooked and needs some adjustments, that I know of

IMG_20220423_145647.jpg

IMG_20220424_140305.jpg

IMG_20220424_142254.jpg

IMG_20220424_152216.jpg

IMG_20220423_145653.jpg

IMG_20220423_145715.jpg

IMG_20220424_153249.jpg

Ok. if I interpret this ref image, based on the upper left part, I should make the "Back armor" a bit longer, so it reaches the upper part of the front "Abdomen armor"?

And also make the "Kidney armor" a little bit smaller? (To maintain the 6" bridge)

gallery_1488_131_1427581445_431.jpg

What do you mean exactly?

Is it just a state that it is weird that the pieces just do not line up, or is it the lineup of my template that is weird in some way?

And if it is the second, what can I do to fix the template other than what I have suggested in my reply with the attached ref image? (or will my suggestions in that reply be enough?)

Or do you maybe mean that it does not line up on the sides (where front pieces meet back pieces)? That is just my template that mess up big time when I put it together and that will be fixed when I build the final pieces :) (I have made both front and back pieces extra wide so I have excess material to trim instead of by accident making a piece too small)