• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Chainberer's WIP

Chainberer

1 hour ago, Haraidric said:

To my knowledge, the sabers can both be the "Savior" model.

Absolutely this!

Since we are based on JUST the video game of KOTOR and not any other variation or representation (including non-game versions OF KOTOR), it's either single or double Savior-style. The spikey one from SWTOR that got adopted into a lot of the KOTOR external representations isn't approvable.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Haraidric said:

To my knowledge, the sabers can both be the "Savior" model. Mine were approved, got both of them from Ultrasabers. If you get your kit from Wickedarmor, you have the option of buying a prop hilt that resembles the other hilt in the CRL.

These are my sabers- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ixafafECFalyEIHQcXAOhO1MzRKh2pEg/view?usp=sharing

Everyone seems to bash UltraSabers for various reasons. They were the first place I ever bought a saber from and personally, I had both my hilts delivered within 6 weeks of purchasing. I bought Savior and Butcher. My Butcher hilt is kinda glitchy, it doesn't always power on, but other than that, no complaints..

Later, I saw an add for SabersPro and bought a Savior hilt from them (My US hilts are basic, just led lights, no extras.). I'm far more impressed with SP.. The US hilts are much larger, and barebones, and cost about $200 each, my SP hilt has a different board (no idea what it's called and the website doesn't say, but it has the sound fonts, motion activation, etc..) and only cost me about $120..

Just my two cents, but I prefer my SP hilt to the US one and plan on purchasing a second later for match dual wielding.. 

https://saberspro.com/products/revan-light-saber?_pos=1&_sid=d3112db3d&_ss=r

niI4302.jpg

5 minutes ago, tattooed_pariah said:

Everyone seems to bash UltraSabers for various reasons. They were the first place I ever bought a saber from and personally, I had both my hilts delivered within 6 weeks of purchasing. I bought Savior and Butcher. My Butcher hilt is kinda glitchy, it doesn't always power on, but other than that, no complaints..

Later, I saw an add for SabersPro and bought a Savior hilt from them (My US hilts are basic, just led lights, no extras.). I'm far more impressed with SP.. The US hilts are much larger, and barebones, and cost about $200 each, my SP hilt has a different board (no idea what it's called and the website doesn't say, but it has the sound fonts, motion activation, etc..) and only cost me about $120..

Just my two cents, but I prefer my SP hilt to the US one and plan on purchasing a second later for match dual wielding.. 

https://saberspro.com/products/revan-light-saber?_pos=1&_sid=d3112db3d&_ss=r

niI4302.jpg

They're not my favorite by any means, but they have availability of their items. The proportion is huge, but the overall design was one of the only available without getting a custom milled one for many years (what I ended up doing for mine).

• Like 1

So can I take two sabers with the same hilt and have them approved? I was thinking that the two sabers had to look something like the sabers that appear in the CRL. 

If this is so.  Do you know if you can consult the person who approves you? Or his only function will be to approve the saber

• Like 1

Upgrade time...front ring on the Sash (and my sash), fell off during a troop today, and my lightsaber died after 2 hours...

Any recommendations for the following

Boots -

Gloves (not leather) -

Lightsabers -

Ring is an easy fix just embarrassing

• Like 1

@DarthValkyriaso if understand this correctly then the lightsaber of darth (Revan kotor 1) is a savior red bladed

the darth Revan (kotor 2) is 2 savior hilts 1 red and 1 purple as shown in the CRL.

why are there so many Revan who have the swtor purple Revan reborn hilt with their submissions?

I've seen Revan get approved with both hilts, in saber guild and in the 501st. 

were both hilts approvable at one point and was changed or is this something I just didn't catch? 

2023-08-05 (2).png

On 8/5/2023 at 11:27 PM, LordZedel said:

@DarthValkyriaso if understand this correctly then the lightsaber of darth (Revan kotor 1) is a savior red bladed

the darth Revan (kotor 2) is 2 savior hilts 1 red and 1 purple as shown in the CRL.

why are there so many Revan who have the swtor purple Revan reborn hilt with their submissions?

I've seen Revan get approved with both hilts, in saber guild and in the 501st. 

were both hilts approvable at one point and was changed or is this something I just didn't catch? 

2023-08-05 (2).png

Because they don't read the CRL and assume that because non-game references use it that it is ok.

On 8/5/2023 at 10:51 AM, Chainberer said:

Upgrade time...front ring on the Sash (and my sash), fell off during a troop today, and my lightsaber died after 2 hours...

Any recommendations for the following

Boots -

Gloves (not leather) -

Lightsabers -

Ring is an easy fix just embarrassing

Oh man that's a bummer about the troop.  

I am not sure how long my lightsaber lasts as I have not taken it out on a troop yet.

I really, really like the crowprops boots.  Yes, I know they are on the upper end of price.  I been out for 6 troops now and the longest I was on my feet with them was 6 hours so far.  Great and comfortable.  I did make mention I was going to need insoles as like 95% of my shoes I end up doing just that.  They sent me some that was the exact cut of the boot.  I felt if I was spending money on the costume, the last place to save a buck was the footwear.