• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Chainberer's WIP

Chainberer

Right haha. I still need to go get the leather for the boot strap and maybe cover the elastic side of the boot, holding off until I get the soft parts to see if I need to cover it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

On 1/4/2023 at 5:20 PM, Chainberer said:

Right haha. I still need to go get the leather for the boot strap and maybe cover the elastic side of the boot, holding off until I get the soft parts to see if I need to cover it.

Hey. I picked up a generic black belt blank on Amazon for about $10. I think it's 2" wide. I plan on using that. Just an idea for you

1 hour ago, TI25674 said:

Hey. I picked up a generic black belt blank on Amazon for about $10. I think it's 2" wide. I plan on using that. Just an idea for you

Thats bloody brilliant! And it keeps me out of the local hobby lobby

Lesson learned on the boot strap, if you use a belt and E6000 be prepared to use clamps to hold the leather down, wish I had gone with my original plan of marine leather so it would have been more malleable. Second as much as I love to use magnets in all my builds magnets wont work going through a leather boot and a leather belt. 

2 hours ago, Chainberer said:

Still need gloves and bracers but overall happy with the progress. Really like the way we got the hood and shoulder shawl to fallc354a985e9e2eb57218465c0619ad37a.jpg

Looking good!

Hi there and thank you for the reply on my own post.  I was wondering how much modifications you needed to make with the armor.  I saw you had issues with the bracers but looks like the vendor fixed that?  It was the crow prop boots I was thinking off.  I may go try your route and find boots like at walmart or hit up a custom boot maker in town.  Due to the fact I need extra padding on the soles.

Hey sorry it took me a minute to get back to you, I had no actual modifications there was just a slight hiccup with the sizing of the bracers and back sash that was sent to me and Rob took care of both of those and covered postage for the return.

For the boots if you need something specific I cannot recommend Giovanni enough, he makes the boots to order so he might be able to change something to help you out. I would shoot him a message on facebook he generally responds in a few days.

Oh, that's great to hear.  I been tossing around Darth Revan, OT TIE Pilot, and R1/Solo/Mando TIE Pilot.  As I have not gotten any confirmations on OT flight suit and the R1 TIE I need to source parts from more than one source.  Which really weights more in Darth Revan and using Wicked Armor as the main source of the costume.

If you have any questions on the OT TIE I would post in the JRS forum's, they have a specific section on the Flight Suits for OT, or if you want you can send me a PM on here by hovering over the C for my name and clicking message and I can try and assist.

Hello.  I fit you very well.  I have learned to stretch the soft gray part to make it look better by first putting the velcros on the bottom of the armor and then with a little patience stretching while I put the velcros on the upper part of the armor.

I want to take advantage of the thread to ask about the sabers.  I have approved the same saber as Chainberer but the other saber either doesn’t exist or is very difficult to find.  I don't know how to use a 3d printer, if I order it from someone I don't know if they approve it.  What do you recommend?

On 3/7/2023 at 11:52 AM, Nes said:

Hello.  I fit you very well.  I have learned to stretch the soft gray part to make it look better by first putting the velcros on the bottom of the armor and then with a little patience stretching while I put the velcros on the upper part of the armor.

I want to take advantage of the thread to ask about the sabers.  I have approved the same saber as Chainberer but the other saber either doesn’t exist or is very difficult to find.  I don't know how to use a 3d printer, if I order it from someone I don't know if they approve it.  What do you recommend?

To my knowledge, the sabers can both be the "Savior" model. Mine were approved, got both of them from Ultrasabers. If you get your kit from Wickedarmor, you have the option of buying a prop hilt that resembles the other hilt in the CRL.

These are my sabers- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ixafafECFalyEIHQcXAOhO1MzRKh2pEg/view?usp=sharing