• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hi everyone!  This is a cross-post of my post on the Sith Lords forum.  I was curious if the Inquisitors in Kenobi, being live-action, would fall under the Sith Lord detachment or the Flagship eclipse?  Looks like we have 4 that appear in the show.  The Grand Inquisitor with a new look.  The 5th Brother.  The 3rd Sister, and a 4th unknown Sister Inquisitor.  

Rupert Friend's Grand Inquisitor:

CcJNnBP.jpg

v8EEpkN.jpg

5th Brother

fmIk1u6.jpg

3rd Sister

kTcCa99.jpg

Unknown Sister

AHtmcfg.jpg

5th, 3rd, and Unknown

PA1Kvs1.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of leather and rigid material in the inquisitors.  As well as LED lights.  I'm personally interested in building the 5th Brother. 

Edited by Trachta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DarthValkyria said:

I'm interested in the tendril person. Also, the 3rd Sister's name is Reva if it helps!

I put it in the Keywords

I'm seeing quite a bit of leather pieces instead of plate armor in these costumes.  Probably for flexibility for fighting. It is my hope that Reva is a "pilot" character and if she is well received she may get her own spin-off.  Would be so cool to have an Inquisitorious show!

I really like the LEDs on the costumes as well and some parts might be casted rubber like the shoulders. 

Edited by Trachta

I am very interested in the Grand Inquisitor now as it appears he may have a cape (possibly, I could be very wrong)!

I noticed in this shot he has a solid plate with leather strips underneath the plate armor.  Then I noticed what I thought first was a separation of a backplate but it looks more like fabric. 

3SRMdYw.jpg

e1Dm5li.jpg

In his next shot, you can faintly see an outline of what looks to be a cape.

gM6s3yu.jpg

v2YK29q.jpg

I'm already sold on the aspect that I won't need to wear contact lenses. 

Edited by Trachta
  • Like 1

So I have identified every soft part fabric on the grand inquisitor and will be starting a build thread on Monday.  I have the cape liner coming in on Sunday and I have the exact Jodhpurs already.  It's spooky close.  I also ordered officer boots.

I’m all about Reva! I can’t tell you how excited I am to get to play a face character. :) I don’t even need to change my hair. :) I’m researching fabric and looking for good images to get as much detail as possible. Need a good one of the boots.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Officercato said:

I’m all about Reva! I can’t tell you how excited I am to get to play a face character. :) I don’t even need to change my hair. :) I’m researching fabric and looking for good images to get as much detail as possible. Need a good one of the boots.

Yay!!! I think you might be the first to start Reva! 

This might come in handy:

3K9dOFE.jpg

I initially thought her boots might be standard officer boots with the added wrap-around wide strap at the top.

I think the most difficult fabric to find might be the inner legs and back of her arms.

Oh, also I noticed on this picture there appear to be some details that imply they might not be officer boots though?

1MRLdcJ.jpg

Edit: I just noticed this picture, it appears that the liner of her cape seems to be a tad lighter than the outside.  I believe the outer layer of the cape is boiled wool with the inner layer some kind of poly blend that makes it a bit slippery so it doesn't stick to Moses Ingram.

eSc80iK.jpg

Edited by Trachta

Good shots! I’m doing a search for a stripe that looks close. I doubt I’ll find exactly that. I’ve found a couple of options. I’ll share and get opinions after I’ve gathered them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trachta said:

@Officercatoif you have a 3d printer, someone made the armor for reva!

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/games-toys/toys/third-sister-armor-kenobi

1 hour ago, Trachta said:

@Officercato I 100% believe it's leather as well, the 3d prints though could though act as a base or a pattern. 

Fair point. :) I’ll buy the files and take a look at them.

• Like 1

@TrachtaI can’t wait for the show to start so I can have better images, but after analyzing all the images I could find I don’t think her armor is leather. I think it’s different hardnesses of polyurethane. I’m going to cast some test pieces and try it out. I also think the tunic is a faux leather of some sort. There is an images with wrinkles that are more compressed than you’d get with leather. I did buy that armor. :) I need to tweak some things, but it will be perfect for making parts to cast.

• Like 1

Just a heads-up on all these:

We are going to wait until we have completely clear and high quality shots of all the new characters. These will be the first live action characters for TFE, so we will be doing things a bit differently than our normal CRL approval with regards to requirements.

• Like 1

No worries. I’m not building until I have clear shots and 360 view to work from, but it doesn’t hurt to try something’s out. :)

Perfectly understandable @DarthValkyria!  That's why I only have the mask makers making the basic shape first instead of details since we don't have a back shot yet for the Grand Inquisitor. 

@Officercatoone of the materials for the armor I thought it could be was Worbla initially as well instead of leather.  Also In a recent interview, Rupert Friend said his armor weighed 45 pounds, so I'm assuming all the inquisitors including Reva's are on the heavy side material-wise. This is going to be such a slow week waiting for Kenobi to come out lol, also I hope there is a costume showcase at Celebration.  Also, Reva has a figure coming out for the Vintage collection!

SWJgBSO.jpg

Edited by Trachta

1 minute ago, Trachta said:

Perfectly understandable @DarthValkyria!  That's why I only have the mask makers making the basic shape first instead of details since we don't have a back shot yet for the Grand Inquisitor. 

@Officercatoone of the materials for the armor I thought it could be was Worbla initially as well instead of leather.  Also In a recent interview, Rupert Friend said his armor weighed 45 pounds, so I'm assuming all the inquisitors including Reva's are on the heavy side material-wise. 

That would make sense if it was polyurethane or something like that. Heavy stuff. Looking forward to seeing her in action

• Like 1