• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Black Bodysuit Help (gloves!!)

Darth Shu

Greetings!  I have a friend who is not a member of the 501st yet, but she is really wanting to join.  She is super interested in doing a Mara Jade Black Bodysuit costume.  I've directed her to most places that I've found around here, except for gloves.  She is doing her costume based solely off of the CRL pictures.  So the off-white cowl, which means she needs off white gloves.  I have searched hi and low and cannot find any sort of gloves that would work!  Where can I direct her to go to get gloves?  I know they're supposed to be wrist length. But are they leather, cotton, etc? Thank you all so much in advance for any help/links!!

I made my off white gloves from the same stretch knit as my cowl, so they match. It was pretty simple - trace the outline of your hand twice on the fabric for each glove (like a little kid drawing a turkey for Thanksgiving 😄), cut them out, sew them together, and hem the cuffs.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, Glory530 said:

I made my off white gloves from the same stretch knit as my cowl, so they match. It was pretty simple - trace the outline of your hand twice on the fabric for each glove (like a little kid drawing a turkey for Thanksgiving 😄), cut them out, sew them together, and hem the cuffs.

ah ok.  She got her cowl through someone on Etsy, and I don't think that person makes gloves with it.  Wasn't sure if there were any other options.  Great idea though!  I'll pass it along to her to see if she would be able to do that