• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Imperial Knight Standards - Discussion thread

Guest Daritha

Guest Daritha

This is just a start for the Standards of the Imperial Knight. I put this up so we have a mold to work with. Due to the fact that the Knights are characters depicted in a comic, there a many little inconsistencies when it comes to the costume. I hope we can discuss them and come to terms on them quickly and "violentlessly". ^^

However, for a start, my first attempt on the Standards (I strongly recommend to alter the pictures displayed here to better fit the description. I hope, Thomas can arrange Jan's sketches this way):

----------------------------------

Costume Standards for the Imperial Knight Costume

439px-Imperialknights.jpg

An Imperial Knight Costume Must Have:

(These costume elements are required.)

Species/individual appearance:

During the whole course of the "Star Wars: Legacy" series, every Imperial Knight was depicted as a Human male or female. No near-Human or alien species should be, therefore, displayed as an Imperial Knight up until official sources are revealing such.

Despite a military-like organization, every Knight has a very distinguished optic with different hair/skin color and hair style.

730px-ImpKnightRookiees-L46.jpg

Undersuit:

*The undersuit is a one-parted long-sleeved shirt with eight tabards hanging from it. It should be black in color and resemble leather in optic.

*The fabric of the sleeves should look like the sleeves at Darth Vader's armor.

*The collar of the suit is a high turtle-neck and should lie smooth to the throat. The collar should consist of same fabric as the sleeves.

*The torso part of the suit should be plain, with eight seams that are emerging from the tabards up to the shoulders.

IK-ARMOR-1.jpg

Pants:

Armor:

IK-ARMOR-2.jpg

Gauntlets:

Belt:

*The belt resembles a Jedi belt in general appearance and size.

*The belt is dark brown and should look weathered and scratched.

*An Imperial belt buckle should be worn on the front.

*There is no visible lightsaber clip.

Cape:

*The cape should be plain and brown in color, a lighter brown than the belt.

*It's tucked under the back plate of the armor and emerges down nearly to the toe.

legacy_6_knights_arrive.jpg

Boots:

An Imperial Knight Costume Should Have:

(These costume elements are highly recommended, but are not required.)

Lightsaber:

* The hilt should resemble the reference images for an Imperial Knight's saber.

* If the lighsaber has a blade, the blade must be silver in color.

* NO Unaltered Master Replicas FX sabers.

Guest Daritha

For a better oversight, I start the discussion here. The central topics should be:

Armor - what style? (They differ from the start of the series up to the recent issues)

Gauntlets - two parts or one? (The same. At the beginning, they are one-parted but later, a cut was made and a knuckle plate was added)

Pants - Vader's pants or plain pants? (Both are depicted during the course of the comics)

Belt - what style?

Boots - Black, brown? With kneekaps like in "Trust issues"?

In general, I think we should settle for a specific display in a particular arc. I suggest the "Monster" arc. This storyline depicted some excellent shots of the Knights additional to the fact of a consistent optic.

I for myself see the issues up to about 23 as the learning and alteration stage. In the comics up to 23, the Knights' armor are differing in optic a lot between issues.

So far, I'm done for now. I'm awaiting the replies. *lean back, drink some caf* :)

Guest Daritha

I worked on the Standards again. I used placeholders for the graphics because I want to edit the pictures and compose them when I'm at home to give them a better look. I, too, want to somehow implement Thomas's IK guidelines on paralada.org if possible.

Also, I "greened" the passage about the (SPOILER!) male Iktotchi Imperial Knight who became Darth Havok. Its just one source depicting him, but it means Aliens are also possible for Imperial Knights.

However, here are the standards - and everything is, as always, disputable:

---------------------------------

During the whole course of the "Star Wars: Legacy" series, every Imperial Knight was depicted as a Human male or female. No near-Human or alien species should be, therefore, displayed as an Imperial Knight up until official sources are revealing such. With "Star Wars: Legacy - Extremes, Part 2", Eshkar Niin, a male Iktotchi, was introduced as being an Imperial Knight once.

Despite a military-like organization, every Imperial Knight has a very distinguished appearance with different hair/skin color and hair style. However, there are no trinkets or jewels (earrings etc.) visible with the exceptions of hair pins for the females (e.g. Sigel Dare, Sia Fel).

Undersuit:

*The undersuit is a one-part long-sleeved shirt with eight tabards hanging from it. It should be black in color and resemble leather in optic.

*The fabric of the sleeves should look like the sleeves at Darth Vader's undersuit.

*The collar of the suit is a high turtle-neck and should lie smooth to the neck up to the throat. The collar should consist of the same fabric as the sleeves.

*The torso part of the suit should be plain, with eight seams that are emerging from the tabards up to the shoulders.

[graphics undersuit]

Pants:

*The pants should be black in color and resemble leather.

*The pants are simple black pants. No pattern or seams should be visible.

*Throughout the comics, there are shown two different types of pants: One with little bubbles that are resembling Darth Vader's pants and one plain. Since the plain pants are shown in the more recent comics, they should be preferred.

[graphics pants]

Armor:

*The armor is red in color and covers the torso from the shoulders down to the hips. The armor is a unique design and do not resemble any known Imperiale armor (therefore, no "Crimson Empire"-style Imperial Honor Guard or simple Stormtrooper armor is allowed).

*The armor consists of a torso part and two shoulder bells which should resemble the graphics provided here.

*The torso armor consists of a front and a back plate and converges with the belt roughly at the height of the belly but a 5-edged plate continues beneath the belt at the height of the groin.

*The shoulder bells are connected with the torso armor. The left bell has the Imperial logo engraved. The logo should be silver in color and resemble metal. (There is, however, an exception with Emperor Roan Fel has a golden Imperial logo engraved when wearing the standard Imperial Knight armor.)

front

[graphics armor front]

back

[graphics armor back]

female version

*With the Imperial Knight armor worn by both the genders, the female version differs. There are "bumps" at the height of the chest which are giving the breasts of the wearer place.

[graphics "bumpy" armor]

Gauntlets:

*The gauntles are red in color and cover the arm from the elbow to the wrist.

*Like the armor, the gauntlets are unique in design and do not resemble any known Imperial armor.

*The gauntlets should resemble the graphics provided here.

*The right gauntlet has the Imperial logo engraved, around to the upper end of the gauntlet. The logo should be silver in color and resemble metal. (There is, however, an exception with Emperor Roan Fel has a golden Imperial logo engraved when wearing the standard Imperial Knight armor.)

[graphics gauntlet]

Belt:

*The belt resembles a Jedi belt in general appearance and size. The belt should resemble the following graphic:

IKS9c.gif

[graphics belt in comic]

Cape:

*It's tucked under the back plate of the armor and emerges down nearly to the toe.

[graphics cape]

Boots:

*The boots are shown very differently throughout the comic series. Therefore, the most recent depictions of the boots should be preferred. These are brown in color and as high as the lower end of the knee.

*The pants are tucked into the boots.

*The boots resembling the ones from Anakin Skywalker in Episode III without the shin guards.

[graphics boots]

Lightsaber:

[graphics lightsaber]

Guest Daritha

I found time to edit some pictures and put them here. Any comments?

-----------------------

During the whole course of the "Star Wars: Legacy" series, nearly every Imperial Knight was depicted as a Human male or female. No near-Human or alien species should be, therefore, displayed as an Imperial Knight up until official sources are revealing such. To date, Eshkar Niin, a male Iktotchi, was the only non-human Imperial Knight ever introduced.

Despite a military-like organization, every Imperial Knight has a very distinguished appearance with different hair/skin color and hair style. However, there are no trinkets or jewels (earrings etc.) visible with the exceptions of hair pins for the females (e.g. Sigel Dare, Sia Fel).

Undersuit:

*The undersuit is a one-part long-sleeved shirt with eight tabards hanging from it. It should be black in color and resemble leather in optic.

*The fabric of the sleeves should look like the sleeves at Darth Vader's undersuit.

*The collar of the suit is a high turtle-neck and should lie smooth to the neck up to the throat. The collar should consist of the same fabric as the sleeves.

undersuit01.jpg

Pants:

*The pants should be black in color and resemble leather.

*The pants are simple black pants. No pattern or seams should be visible.

*Throughout the comics, there are shown two different types of pants: One with little bubbles that are resembling Darth Vader's pants and one plain. Since the plain pants are shown in the more recent comics, they should be preferred.

pants01.jpg

Armor:

*The armor is red in color and covers the torso from the shoulders down to the hips. The armor is a unique design and do not resemble any known Imperiale armor (therefore, no "Crimson Empire"-style Imperial Honor Guard or simple Stormtrooper armor is allowed).

*The armor consists of a torso part and two shoulder bells which should resemble the graphics provided here.

*The torso armor consists of a front and a back plate and converges with the belt roughly at the height of the belly but a 5-edged plate continues beneath the belt at the height of the groin.

*The shoulder bells are connected with the torso armor. The left bell has the Imperial logo engraved. The logo should be silver in color and resemble metal. (There is, however, an exception with Emperor Roan Fel has a golden Imperial logo engraved when wearing the standard Imperial Knight armor.)

front

armor02.jpg

armor01.jpg

back

armor_back01.jpg

female version

*With the Imperial Knight armor worn by both the genders, the female version differs. There are "bumps" at the height of the chest which are giving the breasts of the wearer place.

female_version.jpg

Gauntlets:

*The gauntles are red in color and cover the arm from the elbow to the wrist.

*Like the armor, the gauntlets are unique in design and do not resemble any known Imperial armor.

*The gauntlets should resemble the graphics provided here.

*The right gauntlet has the Imperial logo engraved, around to the upper end of the gauntlet. The logo should be silver in color and resemble metal. (There is, however, an exception with Emperor Roan Fel has a golden Imperial logo engraved when wearing the standard Imperial Knight armor.)

gauntlet01.jpg

Belt:

*The belt resembles a Jedi belt in general appearance and size. The belt should resemble the following graphic:

IKS9c.gif

belt01.jpg

Cape:

cape01.jpg

Boots:

*The boots are shown very differently throughout the comic series. Therefore, the most recent depictions of the boots should be preferred. These are brown in color and as high as the lower end of the knee.

*The pants are tucked into the boots.

*The boots resembling the ones from Anakin Skywalker in Episode III without the shin guards.

boots01.jpg

Lightsaber:

IK_saber01.jpg

Known Imperial Knight visual references:

("The rule of three" a.k.a. "You need at least three visual references coming from three different LFL licensed sources to have a new standard added to this Detachment.")

* Star Wars: Legacy (comic series 2006-2010)

* Star Wars Role Playing Game: Saga Edition - Legacy Era Campaign Guide

* Star Wars Miniatures: Legacy of The Force IMPERIAL

* Star Wars Comic 2-Pack: Legacy - Ganner Krieg & Antares Draco

Guest Anonymous

This is a great start, excellent work, I would like to get my act in gear and make myself a backplate so I can submit pictures for approval.

Change my cape to the right color, and with the acceptance of Randy's SP armor I would be ready for submission.

I have a nice (pricy around $450) source who does IK sabres as well (above an beyond MR standards, fighting quality blades). Willing to share. PM me.

Randy TR-0773

Guest Daritha

Bump.

Just a short reminder. Since the IK discussion is very avid over at the Rebel Legions boards, I thought: Maybe remind the officials of this thread and the proposed standards. I'm kinda proud of the workload I did there, that's all. ^^

Servus Christian,

Just curious ¿Why did you created a second thread for this when the existing thread had the same points hammered out over a year ago?

Imperial Knight Standards Discussion, (Mar 2010)

It all goes toward good work, so please don't take this as criticism. Perhaps the threads should simply be merged.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Daritha

Sorry, I seemed to overlooked said thread at the time.

A merging of the two would be best, yes ... since even the titles are similar. I really didn't pay attention at the time. :(