• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Star Killer sith Robe black ed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have make this Starkiller costume, I wanted to ask if he could be accepted for the request id, and what I have to change.

the armor are maked in termoplastic materials

the inner cape in the photo is dressed in the wrong way , normally it is under the shirt as a skirt and check only

I noticed my mistake until after the photo shoot :|

(sorry for my horrible english)

post-1-142759260859_thumb.jpg

post-1-142759260867_thumb.jpg

post-1-142759260875_thumb.jpg

Guest Daritha

I could understand what you menat, so no sweat. ;) Where are you from, exactly? I'm born and raised in Germany, near Leipzig.

I can't judge the details of this particular Starkiller outfit but the general appearance looks astonishing good. I like the materials you used and how they interact with each other and the environment.

Guest Anonymous
I could understand what you menat, so no sweat. ;) Where are you from, exactly? I'm born and raised in Germany, near Leipzig.

I can't judge the details of this particular Starkiller outfit but the general appearance looks astonishing good. I like the materials you used and how they interact with each other and the environment.

Thank you I'm from Italy ,just now i'm part of 501 italica like recruit, but i have not the ID

The material for the cape and inner cape are wool cloth, really hot and expencive tissue but are the too good for give to a cape the just weight the inner of cape are silk lining, the two strips in the inner of the skirt are leather whit silver idelible paint drawing.

For the boots i have used a motorcycle boots it have the protection for the foot lever painted whit a silver color like a silver armor plate and make me possible a nice movement a plastic pannel not allows

The armor are forex an termomodellable plastic.

this costume are two years of work

This is a very good costume, and you should be very proud of your work. I love to see costumes that are made with such detail and quailty!

The only thing that might be a concern for approval is the front of the boots. In the reference images, he seems to have an armor panel strapped to the front that is very similar to Anakin's boots.

SithRobes2.jpg

To show the comparison, here are Anakin's boots:

anafinal1

Apprentice_Sith_Robes_cd1.jpg

Well done,

Pam :-)

I'd like to note that I'm currently working on the same costume so I, unfortunately, have to be a bit nitpickey.

also since I am making the same costume I'd appreciate if Thomas or Pam would correct me if they disagree.

the hood looks a bit large, like the top of the armor and your head both dissapear within it.

I'm not sure where your cape ends, at either the top or the bottom. I'm not sure how far down it reaches, since one pic is angled and the other two don't show the hem. I'm not sure where it ends at the top - in all of the references it's just barely covering the top of the chest armor but on yours I can't even see it.

I don't think there's a curve to the tops of the shoulder armor - I think it's more fett and less stormtrooper.

your belt looks right, but I have 2 issues. For one it's too tight - it slacks down on his right side in almostevery reference, and for another I'm just not sure what to make of the center buckle - it kinda matches the reference, at least in appearance, but I was pretty sure they were supposed to be 2 anakin style snap-buckles

I agree with pam on the bootspats.

The gloves just look... odd to me. like they're ski or winter gloves and overly padded. not a serious issue but if it were me I'd change them.

I would like to note that I love everything else - skirt, cape, sash, the sizing, etc and I'd love to see what you do with it.

Guest Anonymous
This is a very good costume, and you should be very proud of your work. I love to see costumes that are made with such detail and quailty!

The only thing that might be a concern for approval is the front of the boots. In the reference images, he seems to have an armor panel strapped to the front that is very similar to Anakin's boots.

SithRobes2.jpg

To show the comparison, here are Anakin's boots:

anafinal1

Apprentice_Sith_Robes_cd1.jpg

Well done,

Pam :-)

Easilly i can make an shinguard for the boots like the one in the pic for the shoulder

I built the armature of the shoulder in that way, to hold the cloak behind my back,so that does not move while walking or sliding forward.as well as make the sling less toys anyway i can fix it too, for the hood i will not modify it again becouse the

cloth are ecpencive and difficult to find in my city.

For the belt i'm in work for a new one , and a new one armor.

I made the costume using images captured in the game, many details were difficult to see, because even deformed by the position of some nodes of the polygons that made things flat curves, ty for the nice pic u post

Thank you for show me what we think not good, becouse only whit this comment one can make too good work

Guest Anonymous

the new armor the belt are finished but i think to make some other mod

im just today in work for the shinguard

post-1-142759260902_thumb.jpg

I like it! 2 suggestions - belt still needs to hand down a little on the saber side on a diagonal. If possible the ribbed shirt should be tucked in the obi - it's not imperative because it was only noticable in one pic, but I'd still like to see it layered appropriately.

Beyond that (and those are purely in how you wear it) I really like it, and I can't wait to see you finish. Keep up the good work!

1) The skirting and inner skirting, can they both be sewn together so it is 1 piece.

2) For the inner skirting, they have visible markings (like claws). If we are creating this inner skirting separately, what do the complete markings look like? Or do I not have to care about it and only concentrate on the parts that can be seen?

3) How is the cloak's hood fastened around the neck? A clip or button?

4) Is there any Lightsaber hilt reference for Starkiller? I've seen some pictures here but not really seen a close up of the hilt.

5) For the Lightsaber, is it preferable that the blade and hilt be detachable? So far those members who costume this character here seem to have detachable blades.

1) my skirts are actually all one piece held on by the obi, so you are certainly allowed to do that as long as it looks right.

2) I just continued the same claw pattern untill it reached the end of the narrow underskirting (mine is about 8 inches across each side)

3) Since you don't see the attaching point you can do anything you want. Mine is sewn closed and then velcros under the collar armor.

4) This promo version of starkiller doesn't have a set lightsaber hilt. A vader-esque lightsaber is seen in half of the art while something more generic is seen in the other half.

I'd recommend we keep with either Vader or TFU Starkiller hilts only for some consistency.

5) Really that question falls on your shoulders, either way is acceptable and the latest I heard was we don't even require you to have one (this may be outdated though)

do whatever you want on that one.

Hope it helps!

Guest Anonymous

The skirt i have made is like the inner cape of vader only difference is i dress it under the Jacket, the Obi id separated and dress upper the cape/skirt and under the Jacket, .

the skirt not touch the floor but is at the level of the ankle a little too short then the cape.

Mine Armor is toally rigid but it make difficult the movements of the shoulder the effect is nice but really like dress an Vader Chest Armor .

Guest Daritha

Just a general question: Do you really need very short hair for the costume like the standards say? In the costume, you always wear a hood - couldn't you just straighten the hair so it doesn't look through?

Just like you don't need to shave your head to do a Maul if you have a good bald cap. You shouldn't have to buzz your hair if it is not seen. If you always wear the hood up, just make sure your hair is pulled back and not visible.

Hmmm.... while I can't speak for the CRL as it stands, given that it's a concept version that came out long before the game, it could be said that we have no idea what his hair looks like under the hood. While I personally would recommend it for consistency amongst the Starkillers - I certainly could see it being allowed on that technicality.