• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

GoH Darth Nihilus - Potential CRL

Greetings,

I've been looking into the Galaxy of Heroes Darth Nihilus since I might build the costume. I wanted to document the key differences between this new Nihilus costume and his KOTOR 2 version. I think there are enough differences to warrant a new CRL for him. Especially if you go by other detachment standards, like FISD or CTD, that have a completely new CRL even if just the helmet changes. By this logic alone, GoH Nihilus would be a new CRL since he has gold metal, not silver, on his mask.

Main Differences:
- Mask: Gold metal decoration instead of silver.
- Gloves: Simple black gloves, covered with padded bracers (not long leather gloves like in KOTOR)
- Robe/Tabard: In the GoH version, there is a clearly visible, full length front tabard panel that is separate from the robe underneath, with it going to the floor. Also a lack of the padded under armour on the chest.
- Belt: Much wider and fuller than KOTOR
- Cowl: Less loose folds of fabric, much more structured and precise (this could be attributed to the game models style)

- Hem: The GoH model has slight weathering and tattering added to the hem line (not as severe as COTF), whereas KOTOR is smooth and unweathered.
- Boots: It looks like there may be a strap or padding on top of the boots?

Image analysis:
https://imgur.com/47WOoNH

Edited by Nefthys
ading image link

15 minutes ago, Gomcse said:

That would be cool...but is there an approved CRL for that one? If not, and approval is your goal, you should consider a different build based on an approved CRL.

I already have an approved COTF Darth Nihilus, and have been a Nihilus costume mentor for Flagship before. ;) 

Also written a few CRLS in my day, and was on the CRL team for the CTD for 2 years. :D