• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lord Starkiller [Hoth] WIP

DrakarV

After almost selling this kit, I have changed course and went full in. I have the helmet on order from Wicked Armor and have recently obtained the saber from Ultrasabers. I am currently modeling and printing the remaining lightsaber trophies and have 3 out of 5 for those. Just received boots in that I will be converting much like Bogan's to be more screen accurate. Finger blades are epoxied and ready for painting. Will add some filler around claw and ring joints as needed prior. Waiting on clear red resin to come in so I can resin print the back box LED display piece. Receiving very helpful advice from fellow flagship eclipse Starkillers that are also customers and really starting to wrap my head around the path to finishing!

336629567_1276689859892251_5530514633167440898_n.jpg

337775494_755372536250353_5718641273411455970_n.jpg

337902211_787071376370913_3464146978898493471_n.jpg

338252294_185110460966926_3729364345866703079_n.jpg

After a long couple of months I finished my 2nd Crusader kit for my LFL recognized club, the Mandalorian Protectors and now I am back full time on finishing this kit for my local 501st garrison. Hoping to get this done by end of the year if not sooner now that I can devote my spare time to focusing on completing. Am about 70% of the way and now have my Wicked Armor helmet in hand. Below is my "finish" timeline that I have to complete before submitting for approval. Before I get to that, I have to give thanks to many of you on here that I have talked to through my Etsy and through Facebook that have lend their generous knowledge on their own Starkillers which has helped me tremendously on developing my path forward. I appreciate your business as a customer and as a fellow cosplayer/friend being so helpful as I hit my own roadblocks. I genuinely love this community at TFE.

UPDATED 10/12/23

What I currently have and status on:

Hard Parts:

Helmet from Wicked Armor - Painted and ready to wear.

• Voice modulator from HelicalHyperCom - Will be installing small speakers on the underside of the shoulder plates and wearing the modulator/amp on my undershirt.
  • Will use either 1 normal fan or 2 micro fans inside the helmet.
  • Braid has been made and just needs attachment to the helmet.

Shoulder Armor - Painted and ready to wear.

• LED's have been installed.
  • Will be using velcro to attach these to the jumpsuit once the jumpsuit is tailored to fit properly.

"Spine" Segments - Painted and ready to wear.

Back "Box" - Painted and ready to wear.

• LED's have been installed.
  • Will be using velcro to attach this to the jumpsuit once the jumpsuit is tailored to fit properly.

Finger Blades - Painted and ready to wear.

Glove Hoses - All material has been gathered, just waiting on adjusted flightsuit before making final install.

Glove Actuated Electronic- This is ready to install on the underside of one of the shoulder plates.

Belt Buckle - Painted and ready to wear.

• Leather needed for belt is secured, and will use snaps on the backside to secure.

Lightsaber Trophies - ALL painted and ready to wear.

• Rahm Kota - Modeled, Printed, Sanded, Primed. Painted and ready to wear.
  • Kazdan Paratus - Modeled, Printed, Sanded, Primed. Painted and ready to wear.
  • Maul - Used old hasbro toy piece, cut in half and filled all seams/screw holes and removed trademark/writing. Primed. Painted and ready to wear.
  • Vader - Used old hasbro toy piece, cut in half and filled all seams/screw holes and removed trademark/writing. Primed. Painted and ready to wear.
  • Starkiller - Modeled, Printed, Sanded, Primed. Painted and ready to wear.
  • Acquired rings needed to hang/suspend these from belt.

Boot Heel Plates - Will be using 1/16" metal plate to cut and shape. Waiting to finish boots before starting.

Soft Parts:

Jumpsuit from CustomProps - Received, needs to get tailored. It came in a bit big and I have lost weight since then, luckily I have a local seamstress that works with our local Mando group that I will bring this to and get tailored this month. Currently in possession of seamstress, should have back before end of October.

Rib wrap - Sourcing 3mm-5mm leather to use, will be using groove tool to make the etched lines of the "panels" so that each half can remain a single piece.

• Will use 5mm-8mm leather for back "wings" and harden via water boiling. Clips and center spine are modeled, printed, primed and ready to paint. Will use these and heavy duty elastic cord as a securement method.
  • Contemplating adding velcro at the bottom edge and on inside of belt so that the two do not fight each other while wearing together.

Gloves - Obtained from LeatherGladiators

Belt Leather Flap - Will use 1mm leather to sew and make this. Material acquired.

Lower Robes - Will use 1mm or lighter leather to make this, plan on cutting out the symbol for the back and sewing on. Material acquired.

Boots - After speaking to Bogan, I decided to proceed doing a two-piece design similar to his. The boots I ordered previously have a more pointed toe, so they will not work for this build. I am in the midst of sourcing an ankle-mid height round toe leather boot and will be using a gaiter pattern similar to the book of boba fett style gaiters with 1mm leather, and will modify them to sew thicker leather banding on to better match the in game references and finally add leather strips on the boot tops to get as close to the game reference as possible. One gaitor has been made, need to make second and then the top ribbing parts.

Hopefully I can get some solid work in on this over the next few months!

Edited by DrakarV

On 9/7/2023 at 1:41 AM, DrakarV said:

• Voice modulator from HelicalHyperCom - Currently looking into a small amp setup on amazon to install inside the helmet so that the entire mic system can stay with the helmet.
  • Will use either 1 normal fan or 2 micro fans inside the helmet and hook up to the powersupply from the voice modulator, waiting to install the voice system first to determine how much room I will have to play with.

Would love to the see setup once you got it figured out & installed! Looking great so far!

I need to get around to posting my progress, as I have definitely made some over the last month. I did get a simple speaker/amp that can be a standalone piece I am going to install on the underside of one of the shoulder plates that will play a breathing loop for effect. I will have to install flat speakers on the underside of the shoulder plates that will route to my voice modulator and amp in order to get the voice modulator to work. I tried to install it all inside the helmet but the speakers were just too close to the mic for it to work properly. I updated the checklist above to reflect progress made.

Edited by DrakarV