• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Fabric Inquries for Mara Jade Nezumi CRL Costumeing Standards /Gray Mara Jades Poncho & Gray cuffs onto Leotard

RaeLyst

So I found a Costume I want to work on to get approved for the 501st legion,I dont have any sewing skills,So I have a freind thats going to hand sew me,Mara Jades Gray Poncho & Add the Gray Cuff detailing onto My Unitard that I bought off ebay 

I need some help from anyone who has made this costume allready,What is fabric did you all use for the poncho & for the medium gray cuffs on the unitard? I'm not able to find a local seamtress to help me sew this costume must work with those that have some form of sewing skills,Do hope i can get this costume approved,even if the sewing wont be done on a machine 

heres some pictures of the wig i bought for mara jade & the unitard 

245547347_938941206699645_6933215234077202128_n.jpg

245319295_251966536769283_8859918919174698832_n.jpg

71+nFK3wVrL._SL1500_.jpg

307px-Mara_jade_nezmi_base_ref1.jpg

1634571985705.png

1634572055220.png

Hello!

Not only have I made this costume, but I also developed/modeled the CRL 😃

To answer your questions, I used silk charmeuse for the poncho and a nylon/spandex blend for the arm inserts (same blend I made the black part of the unitard from). I purchased both in white and dyed them to match the comic. The silk is pretty pricey, so if you're looking for a less expensive alternative, I think rayon would also work well.

Check out my build thread. It's super detailed and includes lots of pictures, so hopefully you will find it helpful! Feel free to message me as well if you have more questions 🙂

I also bought The black unitard my friend plans on handsewing the poncho & adding the gray peices to the Unitard we don't know anyone that knows how to use a sewing machine hopefully I can get this approved & not have to remake anything