• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Aurra Sing DONE!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, here it is! I'm pretty happy but I need to work alittle more on the makeup. The rifle is almost done too. I'll take more pix then w/ it. Anyway, any advice would be great with the makeup, bald cap, and antenna. Hope you all like though.post-1-142759260843_thumb.jpgpost-1-14275926085_thumb.jpgpost-1-142759260855_thumb.jpg

Guest Daritha

I'm no expert with Aurra Sing but the general appearance is looking good to me. I'm intrigued how to you attached the antenna in the first place. o.O

About the makeup: You need more on the arms. The face's looking good, white enough. But your normal skin shines through the make-up on the arms. There are special threads here in the forum about make-up. Also, Pam's page got some nice advices. I love her facepaint and although her's blue for Aayla Secura the technique should be the same for a white skin. This, or hiding in your cellar from sunlight until events are taking place. ^^

Guest Sakara

check out the various threads on Asajj Ventress makeup and baldcaps as much of that info will relate to Aura too!

Guest Anonymous

I did go back and read the threads. Thanks, however, I talked to the Kryolan bald cap people and they weren't to sure about cutting the 2 holes in the cap for the pony tail and antenna. What is your take on this?

Guest Sakara

in my experience it would tear the cap, but i think someone had success with it (might have been pam) by strengthening the cut areas.

Looking good.

As far as a hole in the bald cap, if it is a latex cap, you could cut the hole for the parts to come through and then apply a few light layers of RD-407 mask latex to it in the inside around the holes. Monster Makers sells it and it is some seriously durable stuff. I use it for prosthetics and appliances all the time and it's actually difficult to rip them when done.

Can't wait to see it with the rifle.

Guest Anonymous

The cellar thing is part of my plan...lol!

I've been staying out of the sun while my kids swim at the pool. Plus LOTS of sunblock! Funny hu! :lol:

I'm no expert with Aurra Sing but the general appearance is looking good to me. I'm intrigued how to you attached the antenna in the first place. o.O

About the makeup: You need more on the arms. The face's looking good, white enough. But your normal skin shines through the make-up on the arms. There are special threads here in the forum about make-up. Also, Pam's page got some nice advices. I love her facepaint and although her's blue for Aayla Secura the technique should be the same for a white skin. This, or hiding in your cellar from sunlight until events are taking place. ^^

Guest Anonymous

Would that work around the edges to blend in the cap to my face better? the RD-407 stuff?

Looking good.

As far as a hole in the bald cap, if it is a latex cap, you could cut the hole for the parts to come through and then apply a few light layers of RD-407 mask latex to it in the inside around the holes. Monster Makers sells it and it is some seriously durable stuff. I use it for prosthetics and appliances all the time and it's actually difficult to rip them when done.

Can't wait to see it with the rifle.

I use it to blend my edges. It's a lot thicker than the slip/slush latex you usually get at costume or halloween shops so it fills in the gaps nicely. One other thing I have had to use before on thicker appliances is using a Q-tip dipped in witch hazel to smooth out the edges. You have to use a VERY small amount of the witch havel, though. It reacts with the latex and kinda "melts" the latex and allows it to blend edges to almost invisible. A light coat of latex finishes it up nicely. Only problem with the wh is that, eventually, you'll have to replace the cap due to the edges moving back a fraction of an inch each time you put it on. Since I rarely reuse my appliances, this isn't much of a problem for me, but may be undesirable for you.

Oh...if you haven't tried it yet, there is a new(er) adhesive out there called Beta Bond. It's a little less irritating than Pros Aide with the same hold. I wore my Wraith full face appliance for about 4 or 5 hours at Dragon last year with no peeling at all. Telesis makes a WONDERFUL remover (I think it's called Super Solv, but I'll check when I get home to be sure) that disolves just about any adhesive and does not irritate the skin. It can even be sprayed over lace that has been glued down to remove it without destroying it. Removes tough make-up like nobody's business, too :D . I think both of those came from FX Warehouse. I only order from them and MonsterMakers, so it has to be one or the other.

Hope some of this is helpful to you.