• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Desann costume by SL 13055 and DZ 13311

Hi. My boyfriend and I started working on Desann's costume from Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Here I will present the screenshots from the game that I managed to make and we will show the results as we work on the costume. Our main assumption is to make the best possible costume from available materials and realistic elements to wear. Due to the fact that my boyfriend deals with metal-plastic and we do leather things, our plan is to make the main armor and greaves of metal, and the bracers and the belt of leather. We realize that other people who may disguise this outfit will have to use some plastic or others material but we want to reproduce the costume as much as possible and in our opinion painted plastic will never give such realism as real metal.

Pants and left sleeve fabric and color:

• In my opinion, on my monitor screen the color of the pants and left sleeve are between smoky purple and denim blue, @DarthValkyria I say it's indigo. 
  • The sleeve also has one leather bicep band
  • Along the sides of the legs and the sleeve there is a wide yellow stripe with a narrow strip of red fabric in the middle

• There are two pockets on the buttocks on the back of the pants

• 3cCgNHD.jpg?1

hj90UKH.jpg?1jgrrUEa.jpg?1onu8LCZ.jpg?1yUuinJB.jpg?13cCgNHD.jpg?1

I buy crazy wird material, he change color depends of light. Sorry for background 

CvRTDNi.png

Right sleeve fabric and color:

• The right sleeve, depending on the angle of light and the map, is silver-blue or gray ...,( I dont have Idea what material I will use, for now. )
  • Also has leather straps with brass or gold studs and silver circles on both sides of the elbow 

ntoU7UW.jpgO0uqSII.jpg3cCgNHD.jpg?16MCdqCF.jpg

Leather bracers:

• Two leather bracers made of black or dark brown leather with practically the same structure at the end of the bracer at the feet with brass or gold elements.
  • The right one also has a red crystal and a fabric accessory in the pattern of triangles and graphite studs.
  • Left leather bracer with four leather straps with brass or gold clasps and accessories of the same material.

7U3vV9m.jpg?1jgrrUEa.jpg?1c6ODlNo.jpg

Shoes and shin guards:

• In my opinion, sand or brown Chelsea boots are suitable for shoes
  • Gold or brass boot covers with two longitudinal grooves 
  • Shin guards with brass or gold and brass fittings with dents texture and appropriate grooves as shown in the attached screeans

vNP8JmK.jpg?1JieKm7h.jpgQW8tCxx.jpg?16XQ4DfP.jpg?1qaalrmh.jpg?13AEiey3.jpg?1iUzTKSJ.jpg?1

Belt and sash:

• A leather belt on the belly made of dark brown leather, attached five circles of brass or gold with the help of leather straps on front belt. One large, two medium-sized and two small. 
  • There is a belt on the leather belt of the same material as the sash with a golden edge.

• The sash is made of shiny navy blue material with vertical stitching with a golden trim and a golden strip through the center running from top to bottom. The sash is trapezoidal in shape and is one piece. It has no slits in the middle. Attached under the belt.

0kL8zfG.jpg?1LgCW7l6.jpgkiVOY86.jpg?1onu8LCZ.jpg?27uFrN2Y.jpg?14oNdg9Y.jpg?1

Armor and shoulder pads:

• Armor (internal) clinging to the body with appropriate carvings or in six pieces that can be moved to fit each other, front and back looking the same.
  • The armor is dull, it has various stains and discoloration

• We'll do it from six pieces of suitably shaped and discolored steel

3cCgNHD.jpg?2LgCW7l6.jpg

• The (outer) armor with appropriate grooves and accessories applied to the (inner) armor may be of one piece. or of two respectively joined.

• The armor is massive and shiny,

• We will probably make the general shape in two pieces, and then add the appropriate grooves and details

2f673UB.jpgD5Zpo2o.jpg2JU2fsI.jpgjgrrUEa.jpg?1

• Two leaf-shaped pauldrons. Freely falling on the shoulders
  • We'll probably make one whole shoulder pad out of one piece

D9k0w5G.jpg9ZygJN4.jpgLOJ5RRl.jpg

10mmeP5.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 7:49 AM, Trachta said:

I am looking forward to seeing this build!!!!!  Any thoughts yet on how you are going to make the head?  It looks like his nostrils could also serve as eye holes.

Hi . We will make armor and fabric first , then we will think about head :) 

We will try to reproduce the head as well as possible, we do not exclude cooperation with a professional artist. The head has to look but also be functional, if it needs some changes we will take them into account.

Edited by Keylani

Hi. Last weekend I buy fabric for right sleeve and We made prototype of Leather elements. But I don’t know with color of leather is better for belt.

This: https://juchcik.pl/pl/p/Kark-ciemnoczekoladowy-gr.-3.5-4.0-mm/1740  or this  https://juchcik.pl/pl/p/Kark-bydlecy%2C-ciemnobrazowy-gr.-2.5-3.0-mm/1777

We also have mask and hands ;) And saber.

More update soon

On 1/11/2022 at 2:20 AM, Keylani said:

Hi. Last weekend I buy fabric for right sleeve and We made prototype of Leather elements. But I don’t know with color of leather is better for belt.

This: https://juchcik.pl/pl/p/Kark-ciemnoczekoladowy-gr.-3.5-4.0-mm/1740  or this  https://juchcik.pl/pl/p/Kark-bydlecy%2C-ciemnobrazowy-gr.-2.5-3.0-mm/1777

We also have mask and hands ;) And saber.

More update soon

I think the first option looks the closest.

Today I had leather samples and this is how the colors look live. Black, chocolate and dark brown.
In my opinion, the belt on the stomach should be dark brown and the rest of the leather elements on the hands should be dark chocolate

8F697200-7ABB-42D2-B8E8-D419A77DDEE3.thumb.jpeg.7bab43a057ef08fd9a3f495c41990511.jpeg

Edited by Keylani

Hi. Little update :) Sorry for backgrund

Pants are ready.

References photo :

F1BB2JE.jpg?1

yDP1vE6.jpg

u4q0cTk.jpg?1ywZnvJY.jpg

wH1wrJJ.jpg?1

q0xolmD.jpg

Mask and hand by Chris Stephens Creation 

sNXbPPj.jpgKN9y0hp.jpgAG45uKu.jpgESZx4kt.jpgoleGMyT.jpg4r0dzs5.jpghirN7xQ.jpg

KwtZCsb.jpgcpvrfi5.jpg

Its amazing.

WKFs7QL.jpgvmwFr3H.jpgR0Da3ko.jpgwgxX3fU.jpgBR9rEOQ.jpgiUS0mmA.jpg

kZDX309.jpgJEBz8RN.jpg

Right sleeve is in progres as well

T0lJVEf.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trachta said:

The Mask is so amazing looking!!!!!  How long did you have to wait after placing the order for a custom commission? 

Hi. Ask Chris. With my order it was a bit different, because ... a year ago he accepted the order for this mask for me, and a Recive finish mask on last Christmas .

Edited by Keylani
  • Like 1

I love chris’ masks but I ordered the rebels grand inquisitor from him but just always gives that bobble head look with his masks. But his sculpting is amazing.

But anyway awesome progress on your costume. I really like this character and your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

We are Alive :D project is slowly work in progress (some elements need more love)and weathering. 

Here is some photos and link to my Google disc with all photo documents.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XJlL8c5NyiRQDczRd_fO2Tfu3MW283Yf?usp=share_link

P.S. it will be very heavy costume.xD

Belt made form 4mm leather with 5 full metal brass rings. ( Initially, the rings were shiny, but over time they simply dulled, the natural order of things)

FYWRcmZ.jpgQBdZ3bm.jpg

Nv6BiwW.jpgsH9PLDb.jpg

eflUpNA.jpgjQQuO6f.jpg

pNXpcoF.jpg

Arms guard 

(Probobly right arm guard triangles wil cut out and made by material and put on shirt.)*

Prototype paper pattern

RT8PEDq.jpg

Final appearance of the part

dWSWkql.jpgvTSEGNq.jpgJ4zwQ7g.jpg90OOBP9.jpgI0gXyov.jpgHklczF1.jpg PMJmJqg.jpgQc9qfr9.jpg

Boots;

Prototype 

dfdj0jP.jpgXbiAKEb.jpgmy15On5.jpgqz234XW.jpgdOmSutl.jpg

Final boots. we decide change colors. game colors are wird and on most mape color is diffrent

uQI07uS.jpgw6Ufmew.jpgukfPLir.jpg

Armor

Prototype amror from EVA foam for pattern and metal V1

Underarmor is base on Japanes Samurai armor its perfect match for game armor

OnDq6M9.jpg BJPSHJp.jpggwPpKz4.jpg

Sw3id9I.jpgYA4fuKg.jpguEOyu77.jpgnU1dczJ.jpgHmnfSwx.jpg419N9fV.jpg

c053hgZ.jpg2mqvZrI.jpg

Some look control photos without mask

WdPtLnj.jpghMDrFMA.jpgXwmMzqG.jpgMzy28CF.jpgsfEFtS5.jpgLzn9ZuK.jpg9H8HKsN.jpg4W26Opt.jpgUbYk90C.jpg

• Like 1