• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Barriss Boots Troubleshooting Issues

I published this post in the main welcome forum, but I figured it might also be useful to post in this more specialized forum. Right now I am working on Barriss Offee's Asajj Ventress disguise and I would love some feedback on what type of boots are acceptable. 

I am considering purchasing this pair of boots, since the heel and arch of the shoe seem to closely resemble the CRL photos of an approved costume: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m93040300038/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12877497088&utm_content=t0&adgroup=121903074456&network=g&device=c&merchant_id=144653631&product_id=m93040300038&product_id=299367268755&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwY-LBhD6ARIsACvT72PYJmIwgtkPM0T8AGnBEJg4RqrUmhp-bl5yVCnLpoUFuY5_ADg2kWUaAguTEALw_wcB

If you browse the photo gallery posted by the seller, the toes of the boots also appear to have a square shape.

CRL photos: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:DS-Barriss_Offee:_Asajj_Disguise

My plan is to cut off the over-the-knee part and the braided leatherwork and bring in the top of the boot to develop the accentuated calf shape. (I have leather working experience, so I'm not overly concerned about my ability to execute this). I would then cover the whole shoe with a layer of suede that matches the design from TCW. 

I know this will be a bit of a stretch, so if I get a hard "no", does anyone have any recommendations for cobblers who will do commissions at a relatively affordable (<$500) price? Thanks!

Edited by Evangeline

• Evangeline changed the title to Barriss Boots Troubleshooting Issues

I know the original costume creator had hers custom made since the boys are very, VERY specific to the character. If may be very difficult to find a retail option that matches the required details.