• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Armors that are NOT Accurate or Approvable

DarthValkyria

As a head's up, no one vendor is 100% approvable. Even if the armor and soft parts are accurate, they must be proportionate to you to be completely approvable.

Below is a list of vendors that are not accurate or approvable, even if they advertise as such.

Please do your research or double check with us before pulling the trigger on a purchase you aren't sure of.

CosplaySky

For obvious reasons, the armor is not hard and the soft parts are not accurate.

Walt's Trooper Factory

The back plate is not accurate, and the mask is closer to SWTOR style, which is NOT approvable. There is no kidney armor and the ab plate is not accurate.

Most ETSY vendors

Be careful as most take artistic license with design OR just base theirs off the SWTOR mask, which again, is not accurate or approvable. The approved costume in the 501st is only the KOTOR game version. Not the fan art, not the statues or busts, my and not the figures version. They are NOT interchangeable.

3D print files

Same as ETSY vendors.

I'm brand new here (literally made this account yesterday) and looking to get a Revan costume. How well does Wicked Armor work, and what needs to be changed in people's experiences? It's kinda expensive so I wanna make sure I'm making the right decision by purchasing it...

5 hours ago, Liam Kiy said:

I'm brand new here (literally made this account yesterday) and looking to get a Revan costume. How well does Wicked Armor work, and what needs to be changed in people's experiences? It's kinda expensive so I wanna make sure I'm making the right decision by purchasing it...

Wicked Armour is great and accurate, but even while you have to give measurements for it to be close to your form, there are still adjustments that need to be done. With my Revan, I had to add in press studs to join the back and chest plates together and add more adhesive velcro onto the vambraces so they appear to be a single piece construction. Feel free to message me directly if you have any questions and best of luck with your build

• Like 1