• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ochi of Bestoon (WIP)

Trachta

Hi everyone, I started my build for Ochi of Bestoon and I didn't quite know where he would fit, after originally on the Underworld, it was decided he would be better suited here.  This is his comic appearance (his movie appearance does not have enough references).  I have am having the armor and weapons commissioned by a 3d modeler and I have a silicone mask in the works (for his unmasked appearance).  Like with comics I noticed it was a little difficult to pin point what colors were right and material.  

Soft Parts:

He wears a khaki/beige colored suit that is in 2 pieces.  The closest I found for him were a military BDOs that needed to be modified.  These have been ordered already and I've been removing the pockets on them at an armor party today. I will need to remove the buttons also and make it look more like a zip up and I need to trim the collar.  The material is a twill, which matches the pattern on the live action looking comic variant cover (though it shows him wearing a single jump suit instead of the 2 piece suit).  He has modified tanker boots, the closest pair I could find I did order and are a suede leather, and will need to be modified slightly to fit the comic.  I have grain/suede leather to make the necessary modifications.  His gloves are a little tough to figure out, I could not believe how difficult it is to find suede gloves in the right color, however I think I found a pair, those will be in within the week.   For the belt I could lot find a suitable scrunched / ribbed leather looking belt, but a ribbed nylon webbed belt seems to match it closely, I will need to change the buckle.   The pouches and holster will also have to be leather suede, the reason why I chose suede is the live action looking cover shows a grain/suede like texture. He has knee pads and elbow pads, but I'm not 100% positive if they are canvas padded or leather at the moment. He has a short cape that I'm thinking could be made of soft canvas or some heavy fabric, the cape is a bit on the short side and isn't straight as it ends in an angle.

Hard parts:

He has a unique helmet with glowing yellow eyes.  The chest plate, back plate, and shoulders are very worn and beat up and the have ribbed strapping with bolts.  

Weapons:

He has a blaster pistol, an a280 CFE sniper rifle, an Electro knife, and a polearm/axe/spear hybrid weapon.

Optional:

Silicone face mask with cybernetics

Reference photos:

AXoMNNA.jpg

fQvlF9d.png

3J7S715.jpg

6ls5lxx.jpg

BIuTgb7.jpg

MZmFThT.jpg

TSNHcsV.jpg

YR0snNy.jpg

F4F0iVD.jpg

Uo8qCSs.jpg

9bd7UFL.jpg

PNmQntH.jpg

DnMe0Fh.jpg

loIAe5Y.jpg

glFDAAM.jpg

32b3YgB.jpg

qzDVcaD.jpg

C2QUDAl.jpg

mjTwYG5.jpg

F9umKa6.jpg

oRGpLe1.jpg

Za3v3zy.jpg

B1Yl9yK.jpg

Unmasked:

T43kOER.jpg

TQdlTUp.jpg

dxEKgmC.jpg

nd26lri.jpg

ethWbnC.jpg

The most accurate photos show his cybernetics to be very similar to what he had in Episode 9:

Fo2qPPX.jpg

GxE7Phe.jpg

RqpvUzX.jpg

hA8Cr90.jpg

EM0GAP5.jpg

bfhkcGh.jpg

E66kyLy.jpg

ZCj2XqK.png

ZIKmLbo.jpg

So excited to see this one! I've been sneakily following your other builds in Underworld and I cannot wait to see this build. From one Darth Vader bestie to another, good luck. ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cocktailcat said:

So excited to see this one! I've been sneakily following your other builds in Underworld and I cannot wait to see this build. From one Darth Vader bestie to another, good luck. ;) 

Thanks!

Boots have arrived!  I'm going to have to remove the bottom strap of the top 2 straps and also remove the strap going directly over the vamp of the boot.  I am also replacing the bottom most strap buckle with a 3d printed one that closely matches the one in the comics.  There will also be a leather panel placed along the vamp similar to what the death trooper boots have

aIECRIK.jpg

Y08HVCe.jpg

Gloves came in today, they're a bit more golden than I like but that's okay since in several issues his gloves have a yellow like appearance (while every other leather thing being brown).  I'm going to need to remove that dark leather oval shape and add a panel on top of the gloves.

0OkUazX.jpg

B1Yl9yK.jpg

with the new book "secrets of the Sith" released today, 2 new images of ochi of bestoon were in it including a full body one. 

rfu3d88.jpg

GdyoiUx.jpg

3z0RA2L.jpg

HUp1Lm9.jpg

dtKFsKq.jpg

BGkULgZ.jpg

u7eFlQw.jpg

Would this be a sufficient enough references to also do his Rise of Skywalker appearance? @DarthValkyria 

The details don't look quite clear enough on the film version, so I am not sure about it. Generally, with the live action stuff, the details are held to a much higher caliber give the level of detail, so you would have to ask LMOs if they would accept it.

• Thanks 1

The maker that I've commissioned is nearly finished with the 3d print file for the helmet, they did an excellent job capturing the details!  Also the silicone mask that I commissioned to be made for helmetless Ochi (in the comics) is scheduled to be finished by the end of November/ early December.  So far the core is made and the details are being sculpted. 

uf2qyhF.jpg

Edited by Trachta
  • Like 1

Helmet, Front plate and back plate, and shoulders are printed.  Half of the ears for the helmet are printed with the other half printing now.  Printing the axe head also at the moment.  Tomorrow will have the Pistol and the spear head being printed  Followed by the A280 CFE blaster.  I have Crowprops making the Boots now, as well as gloves and the belt and holster.  Looking at a completion around mid December.  

The chest and backplate have finished post-processing and are ready to be painted with straps installed. The helmet is nearly finished being post-processed, the ears still need to be attached. 

IHSyeV8.jpg

8FjLa5W.jpg

RvJULut.jpg