• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Maleval

Trachta

Hi everyone, I'm finishing up my grand inquisitor very soon and I'm hoping to do a Darth Maleval next.  

Mask:

He is a quarren with rather unique features in the comics such as no bulbous sacks in the back of his head which differs from Tessek style quarren.  I am hoping to use a modified version of the mandalorian style quarren for this build as it has no bulbous sacks in the back.  This differs from his action figure version which uses a repainted model of the Saga Legends quarren soldier. 

N5W6Aat.png

HkjmCkK.png

Hard Parts:

He has a metallic style chest plate with large shoulder armor.  The top part of the chest plate is a smooth metal like, the under surface is rough in texture, kind of like dented medal.  He has black knee pads that sit on top of his boots. The shoulder armor has smooth detailing.  The chest plate has a collar attached that covers the neck, with wide opening in the front.  There is a metallic style belt at the bottom of the torso plate. 

Soft Parts:

Leather like arm wraps with fingerless gloves (for a 3 fingered quarren).  A leather like loin cloth with a cloth skirt that goes down to the ground or an inch above the ground.  Tall leather boots with leather straps.  Black pants are worn underneath the skirt.

Weapons: 

Yuzzahn Vong coral lightsaber

Electro Whip

Optional:

He has a black cloak that he wears.

References:

GlhTynt.jpg

NpMXcHk.jpg

9Syj2To.jpg

rb4iYVS.jpg

wuAxQTB.jpg

ndQWNYL.jpg

d7Qg6n2.jpg

RsufNpu.jpg

WN3hqTk.jpg

SiKM3s9.jpg

Li9nd3g.jpg

Edited by Trachta

The 2008 quarren soldier Saga Legends figure which the Maleval figure head sculpt was based off of, to further reinforce my argument of the inaccuracy of the head sculpt of the maleval figure, and to further reinforce the idea that he has no head sacks as seen in the comic. (the tentacles are a dead give away):

p7acfN7.jpg

Edited by Trachta

I would love to see additional species in the detachment!

The only factors are making sure the 360° details are present, which the quick scan of the above seems to cover. It will be difficult to use both figure and comic, so make sure you take that into consideration with mapping out the details.