• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Bane WIP

Just completed the belt buckle. I found a wholesaler who sold me 5 blank buckles with a ridge along the edge that fit perfectly.

Screenshot_20220622-123051_Etsy.thumb.jpg.e0427bf9f81bce72afe179cdd62d0557.jpg

For the detail pieces in the buckle I took ABS plastic from my current Clone Trooper build, cut the shapes out and painted them a metallic color as well as painted the recesses of the buckle to be darker in color. 20220625_213933.thumb.jpg.b5fbc10480aa955aa378bb135b25681e.jpg20220626_131010.thumb.jpg.5346848d695dd3f3ffb5277d926b45d8.jpg

Hey everyone! A quick update. I have only a few minor things to do and Darth Bane will be done!! (Pending CRL approval) So I have decided to share with you a photo of what I have so far together.20220630_183619.thumb.jpg.6a18cfec4e60224ec9304e76f008df7e.jpg

• Like 1

To keep track for those folks watching this thread, the initial overlook by TFE Costume Advisors and LMOs is quite good! Just a few things to make this 100% complete.

-a balaclava is needed

-dark makeup to black out around the eyes

-greyish bodypaint/makeup for hands

-ever so slight weathering/black wash on the armor and fabric to get the mottled effect present on the reference layout

This really did come out fantastic!

• Like 1

What a wonderful build!

Just to make sure the hand makeup doesn't come off, make sure to use some makeup setting spray. Will make the need to reapply a lot less and you won't transfer onto anything else.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AphraCat said:

What a wonderful build!

Just to make sure the hand makeup doesn't come off, make sure to use some makeup setting spray. Will make the need to reapply a lot less and you won't transfer onto anything else.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

My friend Steven found that spandex thin gloves with nails attached can work as well with his palpatine! 

• Like 1

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. this is epic!!!!! great job building such an amazing costume.

further to the hand make up thing. spray the barrier spray before and after makeup application and it will "sandwich" the make up in, preventing smearing and transfer to other surfaces.

cant wait to see trooping photos of this costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Flashheart said:

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. this is epic!!!!! great job building such an amazing costume.

further to the hand make up thing. spray the barrier spray before and after makeup application and it will "sandwich" the make up in, preventing smearing and transfer to other surfaces.

cant wait to see trooping photos of this costume

Thanks so much! I'll definitely give that a try.

4 hours ago, crackerbasket said:

This is some amazing work! I actually just signed up because I am also looking to do a Darth Bane, but from the book series, which is also lacking a CRL. 

That's fantastic! I'd love to see that version added to the CRL. Wishing you the best of luck on it!

6 hours ago, Trachta said:

You should make a lightsaber to go with the costume!  This image recently came out eNY9KYi.jpg

I was just looking into this too. Great minds think alike. 

• Like 2

Great news everyone! I've been notified that this CRL for The Clone Wars Darth Bane has been approved and is currently being worked on by the LMOs. We should see it posted soon. Thank you all who have followed me on this long journey and I hope to see you trooping soon.

1668707825237.png

1668708846321.png