• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Possible Revan project

Negotiatormustard

Hello! I am torn between ANH/R1 Vader and Revan costume. I am looking for a cheaper project for now. So I am more towards Revan. And I have a few question: can I modify the cosplysky Revan soft parts to meet the crl standards? Are there any approvable 3d print files for the armor, rings, and mask? What is the best place to get a lightsaber? (going with 1)  My current budget is around 1000 dollars for this costume but I can always spend a bit more on a few parts. Thanks in advance! 

e83cb9aa52e70b0cd60894ed5163cf8e.jpg

Just now seeing this post (apologies for delay). 

Currently, CosplaySky is the only one that is 100% NOT approvable in any of their stuff. I would definitely not recommend getting it if you are going for approval.

For the mask, if you are 3D printing it, just make sure it is not the squared chin SWTOR version (needs the, "fangs" of the KOTOR style") or that you print the ginormous one that engulfs half the neck, as well. MyWickedArmor, though a bit pricey, is still one of the best purchasable sets, and one of the more accurate with mask. It is a pretty penny, but also requires the least amount of modifications for approval*.

*Proportions and proper wearing of the costume, withstanding! 

as Nina stated, Cosplaysky is NOT approvable. Go for the MWA set, it is a bit pricier than most but requires minimal modification for approval.

as always, please reach out if you have any further questions