• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

MY Costume Nihilus

Darkfox

If you take a look at the CRL here : https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_darth_nihilus  , your mask is sadly not looking like that.  The eye holes are to big, the silver design is not supposed to have a submerged groove around the edge like yours have, and the cheekbones are to pointed if you look at it from the front + they are not skull like enough, when you look at it from the side.  The black mask should also have its nose through the nose of the white mask, which yours doesn´t seem to do, because the hole is to small. 

I had to redo my 3d printed mask to get it to look more like a skull for exampel, I had to resculp the cheekbones and the eye sockets, before I could get it approved.

Small corrections also to your costume, your sleeves needs to be either pulled down in your gloves or sewn in, so they doesn´t puff at the elbows., your belt looks to be wider then the approximately 5 cm and your obi then also is to wide + your outer tunic needs to be shorten, as it is much to long. 
And it is hard to see, but do you have 2 tunics and two skirts ?   and a picture from the back and sides would also be nice, to see the costume from all sides. 

I love your action photo, nice effects on that 

I know, it is no fun to hear that there needs to be made corrections to ones costume, if you want to join the Legion with it, but we are here to help and assist in every way we can. 

Edited by Heavy1973
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Darkfox said:

169979694_792807878326610_8888921272782648816_n.jpg.150773b9a1f53faff5355cbf50d913da.jpg My new mask with your advice

It looks better, but I still think the eye sockets are to big and the groove around the edge on the silver design has to be removed.  The nose looks better and so do the cheekbones, though they still look a bit sharp/pointed at the sides, could be the angle that the picture is taken.  

It looks like you´re 3d printing it yourself and has the ability to redesign it - is it possible for you to take the mask from the CRL and set them aside ?  that way you can see the difference better.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 1:06 PM, Heavy1973 said:

If you take a look at the CRL here : https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_darth_nihilus  , your mask is sadly not looking like that.  The eye holes are to big, the silver design is not supposed to have a submerged groove around the edge like yours have, and the cheekbones are to pointed if you look at it from the front + they are not skull like enough, when you look at it from the side.  The black mask should also have its nose through the nose of the white mask, which yours doesn´t seem to do, because the hole is to small. 

I had to redo my 3d printed mask to get it to look more like a skull for exampel, I had to resculp the cheekbones and the eye sockets, before I could get it approved.

Small corrections also to your costume, your sleeves needs to be either pulled down in your gloves or sewn in, so they doesn´t puff at the elbows., your belt looks to be wider then the approximately 5 cm and your obi then also is to wide + your outer tunic needs to be shorten, as it is much to long. 
And it is hard to see, but do you have 2 tunics and two skirts ?   and a picture from the back and sides would also be nice, to see the costume from all sides. 

I love your action photo, nice effects on that 

I know, it is no fun to hear that there needs to be made corrections to ones costume, if you want to join the Legion with it, but we are here to help and assist in every way we can. 

I'm looking for a Mask do you have pics of your finished one and where did you locate the correct one. That is what's holding me from getting approved now. Any help would be great I'll attach a pic of where I'm at

47382.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bhane said:

I'm looking for a Mask do you have pics of your finished one and where did you locate the correct one. That is what's holding me from getting approved now. Any help would be great I'll attach a pic of where I'm at

47382.jpeg

I 3d printed mine, made the corrections to the mask by sanding down the raised (red) stripes over the eyes, I then rebuild the eye sockets with car sculpting clay.  
I am not sure, where you can get the right mask at this moment. 

You will need to shorten your skirts, they shall not touch the floor and your knot needs to be lowered a bit.  Nice work ;-) 

My build thread is here :  

• Like 1