• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Ventress Clone Wars - WIP

tulomne

Hello! I’m building a Ventress and I’m looking at her wraps and have a question

ventress is pictured with these variegated wraps. The CRL states that they should be “light grey wraps with deep lilac shading”

pic of ventress attached for reference

im looking to kind of gradient dye strips and layer them to get the effect in the images. Here’s what I have so far (attached in follow up post)

would something like this be approvalble?

147BAB57-A60D-4820-9AC7-8C00DC826BE4.jpeg

Hello! It's so cool to see new Ventress cosplayers!!!

I am not a judge, so any advice I give is just my personal opinion. I think your wraps look nice though the purple is maybe too pale? ? I would dye them a little more so the purple color is more visible and contrats a little more with the white color :) 

For the blue top, that's an interesting choice of fabric. I went with lycra myself and I think most Asajj Ventress I've seen used lycra or something similar? But maybe this works too, I don't know! I think it would be a great fabric for the skirt though :)

Good luck on the costume, I hope you'll get approved!

On 2/21/2021 at 2:08 AM, NightSister said:

Hello! It's so cool to see new Ventress cosplayers!!!

I am not a judge, so any advice I give is just my personal opinion. I think your wraps look nice though the purple is maybe too pale? ? I would dye them a little more so the purple color is more visible and contrats a little more with the white color :)

For the blue top, that's an interesting choice of fabric. I went with lycra myself and I think most Asajj Ventress I've seen used lycra or something similar? But maybe this works too, I don't know! I think it would be a great fabric for the skirt though :)

Good luck on the costume, I hope you'll get approved!

Thank you!

I appreciate pointing out the shirt! I didn't realize they needed to be different fabrics, but looking back at the CRL the shirt isn't stated to be crushed velvet, so I'll probably remake it ^^;

• tulomne changed the title to Ventress Clone Wars - WIP